Chapter 20

Niall's Pov

"The medications are working well. He didn't make any excuses during breakfast. I hope he is in a better mood now, or else it is difficult to convince him to get out of bed", Harry advised me as we entered his house.

Yesterday after Louis dropped the bomb on us, we were shattered. Shirley talked with Jacob and they made some changes in his medications. She says he has a high risk of developing Bulimia.

Somehow, we have pretended we don't know anything when Zayn is nearby. We also stay with him after meals. He gets cranky but we just cannot leave him alone.

Liam is going home in the evening to be there with Cheryl, so we decided to throw a small party before the big real one.

"Why the hell do you need to blindfold me. It's not like I don't know where we are walking. We are going to the backyard. I know this place for a long time now", Zayn whined as I dragged him along with Liam and Harry.

I'm surprised he remembered it so vividly. Maybe because for him he was here two years ago while for us, it has been six years.

"Shut up, pretend to be surprised or else I'll chop your perfect eyelashes", Harry threatened him. This surprise is the best idea he has ever given.

Louis and I jumped like kids when we heard of it. Though, Shirley is unaware of this. We were afraid she won't let us do it, it's too risky.

"But, if it's for Liam then why don't you cover his eyes", he whined. I know he is angry that I forced him out of his room.

"They have. The difference is, I am not whining like you and letting them guide me", Payno fired back from beside me as Harry carried him with ease.

The two angry lads couldn't even stare at each other angrily. I wanted to laugh at how childish they were being, but we are no less.

When we arrived at the location, I slowly removed the covering at the same time as Harry.

Both brown eyed boys just stared at the scene in front of them. There stood a barbecue at the corner, a trampoline in the middle of the yard and....and Louis sleeping on it like some VS model. Idiot.

The boys jumped like they were 17 again and the next leap they took was on the springboard, hopping right on top of Lou.

"What the hell! This brings back so many memories", Liam exclaimed, still high on excitement. We set everything in the same spot where it used to be.

Six years ago, we had something like this in the very same backyard. This is the moment where I knew that we were going to have a much stronger bond than mere friendship.

Now, after so many years, I am proved right. We are not just bandmates or friends, we are brothers. We are a family.

Zayn sat beside Louis, getting tired easily. His medicines do that to him. But it's for the best I guess. The way he was jumping I was afraid he might hurt his half-healed hand.

"We are going to recreate our best picture ever!", if I say so, I squealed like a teenage girl.

Harry grabbed the blanket and we jumped right next to the three lads that were busy in a pillow fight? Are we really in our mid-20s? I doubt that now.

"Ow, stop hitting my willy, you wanker!",

"For god's sake, stop squirming Harold!",

"Guys, I'm feeling dizzy, I think I'm gonna throw up",

"Why the hell is there so much space beside you Niall, Hailee is not slipping there, fucking shift", were all the sentences I heard as I tried to settle in.