Chapter 8

After Liam commanded him to get fresh, Harry didn't even debate to stay. He was worn out and a warm shower was what he needed.

After getting fresh, he decided to go back and help Niall and Liam. He knew Louis wouldn't enter the kitchen at all, and they are after all his guests, he should be the one making dinner right now.

On his way to the stairs, he heard Louis yell loudly. Curiosity kills the cat but he loves cats. He decided to peep a bit. Not to hear his conversation but to make sure if Louis was fine.

"All I'm asking you is to take him with you, there's no need to say anything else," Louis hissed, trying to keep his calm.

He called Briana to take Freddie back. He has to stay with Zayn and can't ask Lottie to skip work for so long.

But she was making it difficult. He respects her for being an amazing mother and for taking care of his son, but she never leaves a chance to show Louis that he is not a good father.

Ever since he and Eleanor started dating again, she is acting strange. He understands it. He has apologised for his mistakes and wants her to move on.

He would never regret having Freddie. He is the best thing that has ever happened to him. And will never get away from that responsibility, but he can't give her his love.

"That's why you didn't get his custody, you always find excuses to get away from him", came her accusing voice, which was annoying Louis.

"Just shut up and do what I said!" He threw the phone away and started panting. He knew that was not an appropriate tone but he didn't care.

He can't tell her the truth. For her, it's an excuse. But the whole world doesn't know anything about Zayn's condition, even if he was out of danger.

He groaned loudly and sat down. After a while, his door was pushed ajar and there stood the last person he wanted to see at that moment.

His tall silhouette and those rare green eyes were something his mind has by hearted in the past seven years.

"When will you learn to keep your nosy ass to yourself, Harry?" Louis shouted way more loudly to Harry's interest. He flinched a bit but did not let it go.

"Louis, I'm sorry, I was just walking by. Anyway, you know you can talk to me. I am here for you", Harry tried to mumble in a very low voice and gently sat beside the fuming lad.

"Being there for someone and always being there for someone are two different things", Louis chuckled darkly.

After all, Harry was 'there' for him after his mom passed away. That night he was not in the condition to question Harry about his presence.

"What do you mean?", Harry sharply argued, getting up from his seat.

He was irritated by this behaviour. He was just trying to be nice but no, he's not Louis Tomlinson unless he creates some Drama.

"By what I remember, you are the one that didn't want me around", the taller man accused.

Louis now stood up as well, both of them facing each other. The only sound in the room was their heavy breathing and the ceiling fan.

He knew there was a huge fight coming around, the one he was avoiding for a few years now. They have been having this cold war for a long time and he wanted to end it all.

"Don't you fucking dare to blame me!", he yelled completely annoyed with Harry. It was Harry who avoided him for so many years. How can he blame me, he thought.