Chapter 13

After meeting Zayn, Perrie was completely exhausted. It was more mental instead of physical. She stayed the evening in the hospital, all this time pretending she was okay and that she knows Zayn.

But the truth was that the Zayn in front of her was someone else. He was mischievous; he had love in his eyes for her. But she left this Zayn three years ago.

She was happy in her life without him, the life that contained little mix, her career, singing, and Alex.

She couldn't help but shudder at the thought of her boyfriend, who had no idea of what was happening in here. She was afraid of how he would react to all this.

"What are you thinking?" Niall interjected her while placing the hot cup of tea on the side table for her.

Zayn was forced to sleep because of medicines, but she refused to leave his room and go back to reality.

"Nothing! Am I supposed to spend the night here?" She asked unsure of what her next steps were. She was doing exactly what she was asked to do and just wanted Zayn to be fine.

"You need a breather. Why don't you join us at Malik's?" he casually asked and sat beside her watching Zayn in his sleep.

He didn't even notice her face turning blanch but she made him aware of it when she stuttered.

"But...I don't know if...." she tried to reason but Liam beat her to it. He knew exactly what the woman was thinking.

"Perrie, trust me it's nothing like you are thinking. They are really thankful of you; no grudges whatsoever", he persuaded her.

Giving it a thought she finally agreed to it. Maybe meeting his family would make her less guilty and understand this Zayn more.

They knew Zayn would be off the whole night. Shirley asked them to come early as usual, as Zayn was going to take a few tests which would tell them about his recovery.

As they all went out they saw Louis and Harry sleeping with arms intertwined on the crumpled chair. They were in desperate need of sleep.

"Awe, how did you guys manage to do that?" she questioned towards the closeness between the two boys. Once she realized what she said, she tried to cover it up.

Others didn't notice but Niall did not miss it. When Liam and Perrie went to wake them up he cornered her.

"You are a fan, right? You have been a directioner for a long time!" instead of asking he literally stated it confidently.

She just looked down and Niall was sure her cheeks were tinted pink. Both blue eyes then stared at each other for a while but then she broke the gaze.

"How do you...I mean why do you think so?" she asked, trying to look confused but confident. She then looked back at the ground because Niall was as confident when he replied.

"Because, you know too much about us", his expression turned from serious to a smirk which was enough to melt Shirley.

She nervously smiled while he just grinned wildly. She is what she likes to call herself 'closeted directioner'.

When they reached Zayn's apartment, Perrie was holding Harry's hand tight with sinewy.

The person who opened the door was completely surprised though. Gigi didn't expect Perrie to come with boys.

"Uh...Hi...Hi guys, come on, come in", she nodded and everyone could sense the awkwardness which they were bound to break.

"So, um, tell me what happened when you guys met", Gigi ineptly asked Perrie. She just wanted to break the ice but soon realized it was the worst question she could ask.

The Malik's were really welcoming once she went in. They appreciated her help and tried their best to make her feel warm.

"I bet you don't want to hear it", Perrie smiled at Gigi's cute gesture. She knew that this was really uncomfortable for both of them.

"But...we can talk about how boys planned all this to make us talk", this time she laughed whole-heartedly and Gigi willingly joined her.

Boys made everyone go to their bedrooms to get something they could give Zayn as something to remind him of them until he was in the hospital.

But girls already knew that it was just an excuse to get them to talk alone.

"Well, I do appreciate it though", Gigi truthfully answered leaning against a wall nearest to Perrie where she was getting serving bowls.

But the next moment Perrie got serious and looked into Gigi's blue-green eyes.

"Gigi, um," she nervously put her hair behind her ears and started helping Gigi.

She didn't know how to form her feelings into words but tried nevertheless, "I...I don't know what you think about me. I don't know how much you know me."

"But I want to tell you that Zayn will be safe with me. I moved on from him a long time ago. He is not a part of my life anymore. I'm doing this for you. Zayn is yours and always will be," she was teary-eyed now.

Before Perrie could go on rambling Gigi broke down in tears and she had to comfort the crying girl.

Gigi was speechless. She couldn't believe there are wise people like Perrie and the boys. They have been by her side since the beginning and she was not sure how she was going to thank them.

Gigi was panting but yet tried her best to thank the 24-year-old singer, "I can't thank you enough for this. Trust me I'm trying my best to form it in words but I can't."

Both the girls just hugged tightly without exchanging any words.

Before they could talk further Louis was right in front of them. He was listening to their conversation from stairs; well one direction will never change.

"Oh my god, I didn't see anything", he dramatically placed hands over his eyes.

Girls just rolled their eyes but ended up smiling. They already knew everyone was listening in their hiding spots.

Louis knew this plan would work. After all, he is an expert in fixing relations, although there is one he couldn't.

Before his mind could wander off to those memories he smiled and asked others to come out of hiding.

The dinner was not the way Perrie expected it to be. It was more comfortable and happy; like they were having family time after a long time.

Perrie was sure it was nearest to normal since Zayn's accident and she did not want to take it away from them.

So when Alex called her that night she didn't tell them who it was. She just excused herself, went out to talk, came back and acted normal.

But nothing was normal. She expected a huge fight between them. Instead, Alex seemed really calm as she told him everything.

The only thing he said was that he will be there the next morning. She couldn't decide whether she should be happy that he was supporting her or get scared that he was going to be there tomorrow.

A question guys; what do you think I was referring to about Louis and mending relationships? I'm curious so please answer. Hope you liked the chapter. I love you all. See you guys soon. xx