wang so - why

"You are so scared just to show me what is under that mask.  What the hell do you have to hide, Wang So?!" you angrily stared him down, watching as he just stared back at you.  What was he supposed to say to that?  He crossed his arms over his chest as he closely watched you, wanting so bad just to smack the look off of your smug face.

"Why should I tell you anything?  Are you going to run and tell all of your friends how hideous I am if I show you?" So turned to face you completely, towering over top of you.

Your eyebrows furrowed as you looked up at the man.  "What?" you stared at him.  "You're my husband, you jerk.  Why would I think you are hideous?"

"We've been married for a week.  I don't have to show you anything," he turned his back to you and began to walk off.  You quickly followed after him and grabbed onto his hand.  "What do you want-" he only shook you off, frowning deeply to himself.

"Wang So, I just want to see . . . please."

"Why?!" he stared at you in disbelief.  He tilted his head in confusion before he spoke again.  "Why in the world would you want to see my hideous face?  I . . . I am a monster.  Nothing else.  I do not want you to go to my father and tell him you cannot be with me.  Please do not make me," he said.  

It was obvious to you he hated whatever was hiding behind his mask.  You frowned deeply.  "I will not make fun of you and I will not leave you.  But if that is what you want, So, I will not ask again," you bowed your head to the prince before you made your leave.  He watched your retreating form, huffing softly to himself.  

Why were you so persistent?  Why did you want to know what was behind of his mask?  He did not understand and he knew he probably did not want to know.  But what you said was a lie.  Once you saw it, you would laugh.  He just knew.

(word count: 366)