wang eun - does love last?

The young prince had many questions when he looked upon you, his beautiful wife.  He wanted to know if you would always love him, even though you originally not marry him due to love.  You and the young man married due to your kingdoms needing to be tied together, no matter how it happened.  The two of you happened to the pawns in your parents' eyes.  But now that the two of you were married, Eun was falling hopelessly in love with you.

Eun watched you as the sun rose, his hands gently brushing the long hair from your sleepy eyes. He gave you a faint smile and you returned it.  Your loving night was exhausting and the normally innocent prince was filled with questions after questions.  But one stuck out to you the most.  

Eun looked you deeply in the eyes before he spoke.  "Does love last?  If I die and you are left alone, will you always love me?  Or will you find something to take up the love you had for me?" he softly asked.  His eyes bore into yours before you found your own words.

"I think that as long as I love you, you will never have to worry about something taking up that space," you cupped the man's cheeks.  "How could I?  We are husband and wife.  It would be shameful of me if I did not at least like you in the tiniest bit.  I do not think you should worry about me ever stopping my love for you."

He smiled widely at you before he suddenly pulled you into his bare chest, his arms gently wrapping around your body.  "Thank you, Y/n," he softly said, pressing his lips gently against your forehead.  That is all he ever wanted to hear from you, even though when the time would come, he would only ask again and again, as it was something that Eun loved to hear.  No matter what.

(word count: 326)

Moon Lovers:  Scarlet Heart Ryeo One-ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara