wang yo - goodbye my love

It was all your fault.  You were dead because you did not listen to your husband.  Yo told you that you would be hurt if you tried to follow him.  You know what you did?  You followed him.  He did not understand why you could not have just listened to him when he told you.  He was never trying to be funny like his brother Eun.  He was trying to be serious.  It was obvious that did not get across to your silly mind.  And now you laid there, dead in his arms, with an arrow beneath your rib cage.  

The last thing you told him was how much you were sorry and how much you loved him.  You could not have let him go alone.  You could not have let him go off alone - you just had to be with him.

It was all a mistake.  It was all a big mistake.  Yo tried to tell himself that again and again as he watched your blood drench his robes and the ground beneath him.  His hands were bloody with your blood as he cupped your pale cheeks, tears in the hateful man's eyes.  He stared down at you in disbelief.  

How did this happen?  Why did this happen?  Were the gods punishing him?  What for?  What had he done so wrong to deserve something like this?  The only woman he ever loved was now dead in his arms.  Did he really deserve that?  

He pulled your body close to his, taking in a deep breath as he pressed his forehead to yours.  He would never be able to let you go.  But he would become king.  He would become king just like you had wished for him to - you had told him to follow his dreams, to get what he wanted no matter what.  He would do exactly that.  But now, you were not by his side because you decided that you did not want to do as you were told.  

He looked down at you, his tears slowly rolling from his cheeks and onto your still but warm body.  He never wanted to let you go.  His guards only stood by to watch, not knowing what to do themselves.  They could only watch their prince say goodbye to his loving wife which was . . . heartwrenching enough, if you had an ounce of sympathy in you.

(word count: 401)