wang so - wolfdog

All of the pent-up emotion.  All of the anger.  That is all that Wang So felt.  He was so blinded by the anger inside of him that he did not see you standing right in front of him, trying to calm him down.  He only shoved you back, away from him.  You fell to the ground from the force, attempting to not blow up at him yourself.  But it seemed you would not have any choice if you were going to try to get across to him.  You quickly got back to your feet, brushing the dust off of your robes.  You looked up at him with a frustrated expression.

"Do you not see that I'm only trying to help you?!  You can't keep doing this to yourself or you're just going to hurt yourself and the people you love!" you exclaimed, frowning deeply.

"People I love?" he scoffed softly in response.  "Tell me who they are.  Make me a list.  I will wait.  I have all of the time in the world."  

You stared at him for a moment, feeling tears well in your eyes.  You knew it.  He could care less about you.  He never cared.  All he wanted was what he could get his hands on and if he was done with it, he threw it away.  Maybe the villagers were right with their rumors; the prince was a "wolfdog."  He did not care about who he hurt or what he did - he did everything to get what he wanted.

"I see how it is, your highness," you bowed your head to the prince and took a deep inhale, frowning to yourself.  "I won't be a bother to you any longer . . . I only wish you would prove to me the rumors you despise are lies.  I do not know why they would be lies if you only treat me how the rumors say you are," you whispered, staring at him one last time before you took your leave to your bedroom.

By morning, you were gone with your court lady to return to your home.  You had only stayed so long for your love, Wang So.  But he had little to no love for you.  At least, that is what you had believed.  But Wang So definitely knew you meant what you had said when he discovered your empty bedroom.  You can be sure as hell he treated everyone the same as he had treated you; you were gone now.  What would it matter?

(word count: 421)