Chapter 3 Pizza Money

A/N: This one is a little short. Its just kind of filler. I'm about to publish chapter four too and its much longer. :) 

Killian POV

I could count on one hand, how many times in my career a student had completely lost their temper like this with me and it never usually ended well for said student. I Stood from the desk, My hands planted firmly, my jaw clenched and unclenched and I could feel my blood pressure rise. This girl was going to give me a bloody stroke. I was fully prepared to completely tear Kassidy Cole a new one. However, there was something about the look in her eyes that stopped me in my tracks and made me think that perhaps was not the time to fight fire with fire. Her cheeks were red with anger but her eyes told a different story. She was hurt. Her stormy gray orbs watered with fresh tears that threatened to fall but she turned her head quickly so I wouldn't see.

"Miss Cole.." I started. I didn't know what I was going to say. I didn't want to pry, I wasn't the damn guidance counselor. But I did feel a little guilty for pushing that last button, I didn't know what was going on at home, and I sure as hell didn't know what that text message said. I sighed.

"I think you've done quite enough for today. You may leave." I said softly sitting back down. Kassidy stood quickly and grabbed her backpack throwing it over one shoulder and storming out of the classroom without so much as a word. Leaving her paper, and broken pencil behind on the desk. I ran my hands through my hair and sighed.

Damn it Killian.. that could have gone so much better. You don't always have to be the asshole these kids think you are.

I thought to myself, but quickly wrote it off. No, She crossed the line. I was in the right. So why the hell did I feel so conflicted over it?

Kassidy POV

I unlocked my front door and tossed my backpack aside and hung my coat up on the coat rack next to the door before making my way up the stairs to shower and change into something more comfortable. I tried not to think of how I screamed at Mr. Jones. Its not like it was his fault that my father was never home on time since my mother passed. However he didn't have to be such a raging jerk face either. I walked into the bathroom and turned my iPod on leaving it on the sink counter. I looked in the mirror above the sink, disgusted with what I saw. My mascara had smudged under my eyes from the few angry tears I shed walking home. I opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed my make up remover and removed the make up from my face before walking to the shower and turning the water on as hot as I could stand it. I peeled my school clothes off and threw them on the floor in a pile and stepped into the shower washing the day away.

I walked into my room with a towel wrapped around my body. I dug through my dresser and found a cozy pair of lounge pants and a long sleeve shirt and threw them on the bed. I pulled the towel off my hair and fluffed my curls with it a little bit before tossing it into the hamper and then got dressed. My phone beeped and I sat down on the bed and picked it up it was a text from Ruby.

Ruby:

Hey, did you survive?? ;)

Me:

Barely. You guys weren't kidding. What a dick.

Ruby:

Lol! We warned you. Hes worse than Miss Mills and shes horrible too. I don't know how I'm going to get this history paper done! BTW have you started your Algebra homework? Jones will have your soul for lunch if you don't have it done and he expects it in the morning so he has time to look over them and scream at us for our mistakes. :P

Me:

Not yet. about to, I have no idea how I'm getting all of this done tonight. I wrote my history paper durring french. Just have to type it. But I still have, English, Biology, Alegebra, and a short story to write for Creative writing.

Ruby:

Are you even human?

Me:

I'll never tell.

Ruby:

lol, I have to go and get started. I'll see you tomorrow?

Me:

Yup Yup.

I groaned and walked down stairs and grabbed my backpack dragging it to the dining room and tossing it on the table and opened it pulling out the stack of textbooks and notebooks and decided to start with my personal kryptonite: Algebra. I was always horrible at math. I was pretty good with everything else and maintained a low A in all other subjects but I was lucky to pass with a High C in Math.. One would think, that with my attitude. I could careless about my grades. But that was far from the truth. It was fun for me to terrorize the teachers But I made it a point to make up for it with my school work. I opened the book and started writing out the equations and by the time I finished the fourth one I was ready to pull my hair out in frustration. I face planted the table and sighed heavily, Only then noticing that I was incredibly hungry. Maybe food would help. I stood from the table and walked to the fridge and stood on my tip toes reaching for the glass jar on top labeled "Pizza Money." and pulled out the last 20.

Time to refill, Dad. I thought.

I often referred to this Jar as the "Dad is late. Fend for yourself." Jar and on the rare occasion that he was on time it was the "Dad burned everything order take out" Jar. He tried. He really did, but I was still always disappointed when he wasn't home. I picked up the house phone and scrolled through the list on the wall until I found the number for the Pizza place and called to place my order. Once I hung up, I decided to take a break from Math and work on my favorite subject. Biology. Mr. Whale, while he didn't appreciate my humor either, was much more laid back than Mr. Jones. My cellphone beside me chimed and I looked at it. It was dad. More bad news. Yay.

Dad:

So Sorry honey. Its going to be really late before I get home. Don't wait up for me. Do your homework. Love you.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, irritated but replied calmly.

Me:

Its okay Dad. I'm working on it now, I'll save you some Pizza. Love you.

I shoved my phone across the table prepared to ignore it for the rest of the night I didn't want anymore bad news. It was a small town for Christ sake, There was very little crime, why the hell was he so late?! I shook my head and tried to focus on my homework until the doorbell rang. I grabbed the 20 off the kitchen counter and ran to the door and opened it. I took the Pizza from the boy at the door and handed him the 20

"Keep the change." I said and closed the door. I was not feeling social. Maybe it was rude, maybe I could have said thank you. However, I was borderline hangry right now and nothing was standing between me, and this delicious cheesy pepperoni..ey? Goodness.

-------------

When Sean Cole returned home, it was around one in the morning. He felt horrible and hoped Kassidy wasn't waiting on him. He unlocked the door and walked into the house and the first thing he saw was Kassidy snoring at the kitchen table with her head on her algebra book with a half eaten piece of Pizza beside her on a plate. He sighed and walked to the table and nudged her gently.

"Kassi..honey." He whispered. Kassidy bolted up.

"Huh? What??" She asked looking around.

"Come on, you're exhausted lets get you to bed.." Sean said. Kassidy rubbed her eyes and shook her head.

"No.. I have to finish my Algebra homework.." She said.

"Honey its one o'clock in the morning. Your home work can wait. I'm sure your teacher would rather you get a good nights rest so you can focus. Go to bed." Sean said and pulled her out of the chair.

"Okay. Okay." Kassidy said and organized her things putting them into her backpack. Mr. Jones was probably going to crucify her tomorrow, but there was no arguing with her dad.