Chapter 7 Friend Request

Surprise! Here's chapter 7 just a bit early. I usually like to stay two chapters ahead in writing, so I don't run out of chapters to publish, but I'm currently writing 9 so I figured why not? Enjoy :) 

Killian POV

I ushered a shivering, and crying Kassidy into the classroom and had her sit down. She was drenched from the rain and what was left of her make up was running down her face. I didn't know what to do at that point so I took my jacket off and draped it over her shoulders, maybe that would solve at least one problem.

"Thank you." She said softly. I nodded and brought her some tissues. She used them to dry her eyes. I looked at her shattered phone.

"What happened? Did he call you again?" I asked.

"No...It was my dad.." She said and pulled her knees up to her chest resting her chin on them.

"He's working late." She said. "As always." She said with bitterness in her tone.

"So your plans have been canceled." I said and sat down in front of her.

Idiot. Of course her plans were canceled or else she wouldn't be here.

"I'm sorry.. that was obvious." I said.

"Its fine." She replied.

"What does your father do?" I asked.

"Hes a cop." She said.

"Well, that's exciting." I said. She just gave me a look.

Come on Killian. What are you doing??

"I guess so." She said. "He hasn't really been home much. Since my mom passed. I guess we both have different ways of working through it. I'm angry and bitter all the time, and he just works."

"I'm sorry." I said and reached out and placed my hand on hers. She looked up at me. Staring into me with her cool gray eyes. I felt a sense of static electricity when my hand touched hers and I didn't want to let go.

"Its okay.." She said softly and pulled her hand away from mine. "I should probably go home. You look like you were ready to leave." She said.

"Well, technically.. you still do have detention." I said. I could tell by the way she looked, and the sound of her voice that she didn't want to go home, and be there alone. She smiled at me.

"You're right." She said.

"I've never once seen a student smile about detention Miss Cole." I smirked.

"I'm not a normal student." She said returning my smirk.

Indeed, she was not.

I sat in my office at home later that evening trying to work on my lesson plan. Trying, and failing. I couldn't get Kassidy Cole off of my brain. Her long blonde curls with the burgundy streaks here and there, the way she smelled like vanilla, and coconut and those damned eyes. I sighed and sat back in my chair.

Come on, Killian. She's your student. You're her teacher. She's 17. Her father is a cop. You're loosing it. I thought. However, not even that stopped me from doing something I knew damn well I shouldn't have done. I opened my laptop and went to my facebook. Nearly everything in me was telling me to stop. But there was that one voice in the back of my head that was screaming do it. I went to the search bar and typed in Kassidy Cole and just like that. There she was. I clicked on her profile. For someone who was such a closed book in person, She really should have made her facebook profile private.