Chapter 32 Sick Day

A/N: I apologize, this Chapter was supposed to have been finished and published like two days ago however I've had an unusually busy schedule for a couple days and also, what are the chances that while writing the chapter titled "Sick Day" I get sick? D: So, updates may be a little slower until I get over whatever junk I've caught. 

Kassidy POV

I cursed Killian's alarm clock and wished I could smash it to pieces.

5:30 is too damn early.

I sat up and felt like I had been hit by a truck, my head was pounding, my throat was dry and scratchy and my sinuses were wrecked. I looked over at Killian's side. He wasn't there, typical him, getting up before his alarm but forgetting to shut it off. I much preferred it when he woke me up than to listen to that damn thing screech at me. I crawled to his side of the bed and hit the alarm clock shutting it off. Killian came in the room with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"You look like hell." he said and frowned.

"Thats not nice." I said and slid off the bed putting my feet on floor and walking slowly to the closet to get my school uniform out.

"What are you doing?" Killian asked.

"Getting ready for school." I said.

"Not looking like that you aren't. You are staying home." He said.

Home. This man still had a way to make me smile even when I felt like hell. He'd never referred to his house as my home, it was something I could get used to.

"No, really I'm fine. I can go to school." I said and tried to pull the closet open. Killian walked over and put his hand over mine.

"You are trying to pull a sliding door love."

"So I'm tired." I said. "Most normal humans don't function at 5:30." I said and slid the closet door open. Killian put his hands on my face.

"You have a fever. You are staying here." He said.

"No. I'm not." I said and put my hands on my hips. He narrowed his blue eyes at me.

"I love you Kassidy, but you are stubborn as hell." He said.

"Yup." I said and grabbed my school uniform out of the closet and laid it on the bed.

"I'm going to take a shower."

"Fine. I'll make you some breakfast." Killian said. I smiled at him and dragged myself to the bathroom.

Once I was showered, and dressed I dragged my backpack down the hall and to the table.

"Are you really going to do this?" Killian said and put a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me. "You can hardly move, Just call the school and tell them you are sick and go back to bed."

"We've been over this." I mumbled and started eating my breakfast struggling to keep my eyes open. He was right, I knew he was right yet I wanted to prove him wrong. It was in my nature. No one ever said I was the brightest crayon in the box.

"Kass.. Kassidy!" Killian said I snapped out of it and looked at him.

"What?" I asked.

"You are falling asleep in your eggs." He said and raised an eyebrow at me. I sighed.

"Fine. you win. I'm staying home." I said and stood from the table.

"I was going to win either way, but its good to hear you admit it." He said and smirked.

"Yeah yeah." I said and made my way back to the bedroom. Once in there I peeled off my school clothes and threw on one of Killian's tee shirts and crawled back into bed. Killian came in the room with some tea and aspirin.