Chapter 17 Scars

Warning: This chapter gets kind of sad and emotional at the end. Sorry in advance! 

Kassidy POV

I sat on the kitchen counter watching Killian cook dinner. It smelled amazing and he looked amazing while preparing everything.

"Where did you learn to do all this?" I asked.

"Youtube." He said and chuckled. I laughed. "Well, maybe I need to get my Dad watching youtube." I said.

"Here, taste this." He said and brought me a spoon with some sort of sauce in it. I took the spoon and put it in my mouth.

"Sweet baby Jesus this is delicious. Are you even human?" I asked.

"Maybe?" He grinned and went back to cooking.

"Why don't you go find something to watch on Netflix I'm sure it would be much more interesting." He said.

"Nah, I'm enjoying this view." I said. He put a lid on the pot on the stove and turned around to face me while rolling his sleeves up and that was the first time I had noticed the tattoo on his wrist.

"Whos Milah?" I asked.

"A mistake." He said and looked down at the tattoo. His tone suggested he didn't want to talk about it. So I decided to save it for a rainy day.

"Oh." I said.

"She's history. Nothing you need to worry about." He said and walked over to me.

"Okay. I just never noticed the tattoo before." I said.

"I usually keep it covered." He said.

"What about you? Any tattoos I should know about?" He asked with a grin. I stood from the counter and raised my shirt and pointed to a small tattoo of a heart with an infinity symbol through it on my hip bone.

"Wow. I was kidding. you actually have one." He said with a laugh and ran his hand through his hair.

"My mother and I got them during spring break after I turned 16. I thought my dad was going to have a stroke." I said and laughed.

"You and your mother must have been very close." He said. I nodded.

"Very." I said "She was my best friend." I added. Killian traced the tattoo with his thumb.

"What do you think she would think about me?" He asked.

"Oh she would love you. Believe me, She would find it hilarious that I am dating my teacher. My Father will probably shoot you if he ever finds out, but she would have invited you to dinner." I smirked.

"You really think your father will shoot me?" He asked.

"Oh. He'll kill you dead." I said.

After dinner we sat in the living room watching TV. It was getting late, and I still hadn't heard anything from my Dad. I decided to send him a text.

Me:

How late are you working?

Dad:

It will be really late when I get home. Just stay the night at Rubys but make sure you make it to school tomorrow!

Me:

Ok.. but what about Dylan? Or..do you even care?

Dad:

Kass Don't do this right now. You know I care. I've looked into it, there's nothing I can do about him transferring to Storybrooke unless he attacks you again.