Chapter 9 Blocked

Kassidy POV

I sat with my eyes glued to my phone while Emma, Ruby, and Belle laughed at some cheesy Rom-Com playing on Netflix.

Why aren't you returning my messages Mr. Jones? I thought as I looked at our messenger conversation. I sighed. Maybe he was just busy, but it bothered me because he seemed so short with me earlier in his classroom. I was suddenly hit in the face with a throw pillow. I looked up at Emma who was grinning.

"Stop staring at your phone and watch the movie with us!" She said.

"Sorry." I said and looked up at the tv screen for a few minutes when my phone vibrated in my hand. I looked down. Hoping it was him. But it wasn't. It was just an instagram notification. I sighed in disappointment.

"What is up with you?" Ruby asked.

"What?" I asked looking up. "Oh. Its nothing." I said and shrugged and put my phone back into my pocket.

"Is that creep messaging you again?" Emma asked.

"No. I told you guys that was done." I said.

"So what gives?" Belle asked. "Are you still worried about your test?"

"No. I got an A." I said as though it didn't really mean anything.

"How did you find out??" Belle asked.

"I stayed after and asked Mr. Jones to grade it so I didn't have to worry about it all weekend." I said and shrugged.

"Kass, that's great! So why are you still upset? You haven't even touched your Pizza. Who doesn't like Pizza??" Ruby asked.

"People who eat it every other day." I said with a small smirk. "I'm not upset. I'm just not feeling well." It wasn't a complete lie. my stomach had been in knots since I left the school this afternoon. I really just wanted to be home, in my PJs with a book.

"Do you need to call your dad to come get you?" Ruby asked.

"No, I think I'll walk. I'm sorry I can't stay. Maybe next weekend?" I asked.

"My parents are going to be gone next weekend they are going out of town for their anniversary." Emma said.

"Do I smell a party?" Ruby asked.

"You always smell a party." Belle said.

"What do you think Kassidy?" Emma asked.

"I think it sounds fun." I said with a smirk. I loved a good party.

"Okay so its a plan." Emma said. "You should go home and rest. I hope you aren't getting sick." She said to me.

"Yeah. me too." I said and stood up. "I'll see you guys in school Monday?" I asked.

"Unfortunately!" Ruby said and smirked.

When I made it home, It was no surprise that my Dad wasn't home. I went upstairs to my room and opened my dresser pulling out my favorite PJs and setting them on the bed. I sat down for a moment to check my phone trying one more time. I opened my messenger and sent him another message.

I'm sorry, if I did something to upset you. But you could just tell me, instead of ignorning me. :/

I waited. and waited and yet again, he left me on "message seen" I tossed my phone aside and went into my bathroom to start a bubble bath. Why the hell was this bothering me so bad?

After my bath, I put on my favorite Pajamas and picked up my phone and my favorite book, walking downstairs to the kitchen to make some tea. My dad walked in the house and looked at me slightly confused.

"I thought you were staying at Rubys until Sunday?" He asked.

"I don't feel well." I said and shrugged. He walked over and did that annoying parent thing of putting his hand on my forehead.

"Well, No fever but you are a little pale. Have you eaten today?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, I was too anxious over my stupid math test.." I said as I poured the hot water into my teacup.

"Why don't you go rest on the couch and I'll make you something to eat?" He suggested. I gave him a look.

"Okay, I will Microwave you something." He said with a smirk and opened the cabinets and looked at the insides.

"We really need to go grocery shopping." He said. "I'm sorry your mother usually took care of that stuff..." He sighed heavily.

"Its okay Dad, really.. I don't want anything to eat. I'm just going to drink my tea, read my book, and call it a night. I will go shopping tomorrow."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Okay, but you better eat a big breakfast tomorrow."

"So...two pop tarts instead of one?" I grinned.

"Kassidy.." He said giving me his Dad look.

"Okay Okay, I will stop at Granny's before I go shopping. Are you working tomorrow?"

"Yes." He said.

Stupid question.

I sighed and picked up my tea and walked into the living room with it and my book. I read for a little over an hour before the combination of the tea, and my lavender scented soap was making me sleepy. I yawned and closed my book and put it on the side table beside the couch. I took my teacup to the kitchen and put it in the sink and made my way slowly up the stairs. I put my phone on the charger beside the bed and pulled back the covers before climbing in bed but I found that once my head hit the pillow, I was still thinking about Mr. Jones. Damn that man.. I tossed, and turned a few times before I sat up, giving up on sleeping for the moment. I looked at my phone.

Don't do it Kassidy. Just forget about it for the night and go to bed.

Yeah right. I picked up my phone and opened my messenger and clicked on Killian Jones, but when the conversation window popped up, I got an error message.

"You are no longer able to send or receive messages from this contact." 

A/N: Sorry these past two chapters are kind of short. I promise the next two are more exciting! I'm writing now so the next one will be published in a couple hours hopefully!