🏆Wattpad "The Page Turner Awards 2020" 1st Place General/Teen Fiction Interview🏆

So, recently I entered TMTL book 1 into The Page Turner Awards 2020 General/Teen Fiction category and I was completely blown away when it won first place! Below is the Interview I did for the award if any of you were interested! :) Thank you guys for all your support! 

Wattpad Page Turner Awards Interview 

Q1. How did you discover Wattpad?
A: My sister told me about Wattpad when I told her I was interested in publishing fanfictions again.

Q2. At what age did you start to show interest in writing?

A: I was around 12 when I started showing interest in writing. I'm 29 now so it's been a long time.

Q3. Why did you start writing?
A: I've always loved the idea of creating characters and building worlds around them. Even with AU fanfiction. Its a good way to escape day to day life when I need a break.

Q4. Who would you say is your biggest inspiration as a writer?

A: Honestly, as cheesy as it sounds my biggest inspiration is my followers, and the friends I've made here on Wattpad who constantly give me feedback and give me the motivation to keep writing!

Q5. Do you have a favourite out of all the books you've written (consisting of the ones not on wattpad) ?

A: My favorite series I've done, is my Under One Moon series here on Wattpad Its started as a fanfiction but I'm actually working on turning it into an Original work by changing some plot points and character names. Once its finished it will go on my second Wattpad account where I plan to publish my original works!

Q6. What is your greatest challenge as a writer?

A: My biggest challenge is probably how self critical I can be. It gets really difficult sometimes to write when I don't feel like my books are actually that good but my followers definitely help with that with their feedback. Its good to see someone enjoying the content I put out, especially when I'm not so sure of it myself.

Q7. What was your inspiration to write the book that won this award?

A: I was reading A LOT of Student/Teacher romance fanfictions at the time and I decided I really wanted to give writing a Student/Teacher fanfiction myself a shot.

Q8. Would you consider to make writing your profession or just a hobby?

A: I've thought about this often. I love writing but at the moment its just a hobby. I think trying to make it a profession might make it a little less enjoyable for me. I mean, If I ever get any of my Original works published and they went somewhere, I guess I'd take it from there but for right now I just enjoy writing on the side.

Q9. How did you feel when you got to know that you won your respected category?

A: Oh I was thrilled. Teach Me To Love Part 1 was my first book that I published on Wattpad. And now that my writing style has evolved, I have a sort of Love/Hate relationship with the book. It's my most popular book, However I personally feel some of my newer books are better story wise. I entered this book into The Page Turner Awards because Teach Me To Love part 1 was the book that gave me the courage to start publishing online again and it really means a lot to me that so many people love it, and the fact that it won in its category makes me feel really good about my work as well.

Q10. Would you like to add something to say to your supporters?

A: My supporters are literally the only reason I keep doing what I do here! Without them I probably wouldn't have published anything else after Teach Me To Love. They inspire me every day to keep going and I'm forever grateful that they have continued to support me and what I love to do for the last 3 years! Thank you guys! You are amazing!