Chapter 40 I Will Not Say Goodbye

A/N: This is possibly the hardest chapter I've wrote. I cried like a little baby the entire time. Trigger Warning: This chapter is extremely emotional and intense, it deals with Death, and attempted suicide. Also, Make sure to read the Authors note at the end of the chapter as well. 
Don't hate me everyone. I apologize in advance. 
<3 LlamaLoyd 

Kassidy POV

I paced the floor in the waiting room so much that I was probably running a hole into it. Ruby, Emma and Belle were all here waiting with me. Emma's Dad, David, who was my Dad's partner was here too.

"Can I get you anything?" He asked me for the 100th time. I shook my head and looked at the clock. Another minute went by.

Sean Cole, 46, Caucasian Male, Heart attack. The words from when we rode in the ambulance were stuck in my head.

Heart attack

"Is Killian coming?" Ruby whispered to me.

"What?" I asked then caught on to what she had said. "Oh.. I don't know." I said and looked back at the clock.

Another minute.

"Honey..why don't you sit down?" David asked.

"I'm fine." I said. Katherine ran into the waiting room.

"What's happened? I went by the house and the neighbor said Sean was rushed to the hospital!" She said.

"Go. Away." I said.

"No. I will not." She said. I lunged at her David caught me and pulled me back holding me back from Katherine.

"Get out of here!" I screamed.

"Kassidy calm down." David said.

"Make her leave! I don't want her here!"

"Kassidy Cole?" A Doctor said as he walked out of the back room. David released me and I walked over to the doctor.

"How is he? Can I see him?" I asked. The doctor frowned. My heart dropped into my stomach.

Don't you fucking say it.

"I'm very sorry. We did everything we could." He said and that's when everything seemed to stop. I could see that the doctor was talking to me but I couldn't hear the words he was saying. I watched the doctor walk back through the double doors. I turned back to face everyone. I was dizzy. Their faces were blurry but I could see they were crying and then suddenly, like getting hit with a ton a bricks. Time snapped back into place.

"Why..is everyone crying? Hes fine. Its fine." I said.

"Kassidy... honey.." David said and walked over to me.

"No!" I shouted. "Hes Fine!"

"Kassidy.. you need to sit down." Ruby said. I shook my head.

"No I don't. I'm..just I'm going to go see him." I said. I went to take a step but my legs gave out. David caught me before I hit the floor. I felt like all of the air was taken from me. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. I just started screaming.

"Let me go I have to see him!"

"Kassidy.. Hes gone." David said.

"Stop lying to me! That doctor doesn't know what Hes talking about!" I screamed. I tried pulling away from David but he had a death grip on me. I started beating on his chest with my fists He just held me closer.

"Its going to be okay. Just breathe." He said his own voice was breaking as he just lost his best friend. I Hit him until I ran out of energy and that's when the tears came, The denial was over. He was gone and he wasn't coming back. My tears soaked through David's shirt but he didn't seem to care.