Chapter 23 Healing

Kassidy POV 

"Dad. I'm fine." I said as I sat up in the hospital bed It was my second day here and I was just ready to get out of here.

"Are you sure? Is there anything I can get you? How is your shoulder? Does it hurt?"

"A little but really its not bad right now Dad I promise. I'm fine. Oh! But Could you see if the cafeteria has blue jello??" I asked.

"You've eaten blue jello for two days straight Kass." Dad said.

"Because I'm terrified of everything else that they try to feed me. Blue jello is good. It never disappoints me." I said and smiled.

"I'll be back." He said and shook his head smiling to himself. Ruby and Emma walked in.

"Hey!" I said "People I know!" I added and grinned. They both hugged me carefully.

"Where's Belle?" I asked.

"She'll be here in a bit." Emma said.

Ruby put a Styrofoam box on the tray in front of me.

"Is this.." I said as I opened the box and looked at the cheeseburger inside.

"You do love me." I said.

"Extra mustard, no pickles. Just how you like it. I figured you didn't want this prison food." Ruby said. 

"When do you think they are going to let you out of here?" Emma asked. I took a bite out of my cheeseburger and swallowed it.

"First off. this is amazing. Second, They're saying maybe tomorrow I can get out but I have to stay out of school for another week and they want me to get counseling Which I really don't think I need." I said.

"Its okay if you do though.. I mean what you've been through..." Emma said. I shook my head.

"Really, I'm fine. I just want to get back home. and weirdly enough I want to go to school." I said.

It wasn't weird. I just wanted to see Killian. Dad walked back in the room with my blue jello.

"Yay!" I said. He set it down and looked at the cheeseburger in front of me and looked back at Ruby and Emma

"Hey girls." He said. "Thank you for bringing that. Its the first thing she's ate besides jello in two days."

"I don't blame her. Have you seen the food here?" Ruby asked.

"So they are saying she can go home tomorrow?" Emma asked.

"They are hoping." Dad said. "I think so. She seems to be doing well, as you can tell." He smirked. "The only thing that worries me, is she's having trouble holding things with her right hand. But the doctors think with some physical therapy she should be fine." Dad smiled. 

Belle came in the room with some flowers and balloons.

"Aww, you didn't have to do that." I said.

"We wanted to." Emma smiled.

"You guys are the best." I said and moved slightly to adjust myself and winced.

"Damn.." I sighed.

"You okay?" Ruby asked

"Yeah, Its just sometimes when I move my arm it hurts pretty bad." I sad Dad looked at the clock.

"Its almost time for more pain medicine."

"I don't like that stuff it makes me sleep too much." I said.

"Because you need the rest Kassidy." He said. I frowned. I was tired of sleeping. At least in this bed. I just wanted to be in Killian's huge bed with him.