Chapter 10 Cold

A/N: This Chapter contains some violence 

Kassidy POV

It was the second to last class of the day, Creative writing, which was usually my favorite class but I couldn't stop looking at the clock this whole day had passed so slowly and I just wanted to see him. I felt like if I could just see his face that it would make everything okay.

"Everything okay Kassidy?" Mr. Booth asked me. I looked over at him.

"Yes.." I said and looked back down at my notebook trying to focus on my writing. I looked back at the clock, there was exactly 45 seconds until the bell would ring and I counted every single one of them. When it rang I gathered all of my things and sped out of the classroom. I approached Mr. Jones classroom. There he was, standing outside waiting for students to arrive.

"Good afternoon Miss Cole." He said as I approached him. There was next to no emotion in his tone.

"Hi.." I said. He glanced at me.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to class?" He asked.

Ouch

I walked past him into the classroom and sat down in my seat and waited while everyone else sat down. He walked in and I felt my heart skip.

He walked to his desk and picked up a stack of papers and started handing them out. "Your tests, from Friday were less than impressive, so apparently we need to review. Only half of you passed. Lucky for those of you who didn't, I am feeling generous. You will get the option to retake the test in Saturday detention." Half of the class groaned. I put my test that he handed me back into my backpack as he went to the front of the class and started writing on the board. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out to peek at it while his back was turned. I gasped. It was a text message from an unknown number but the message made it clear who it was.

Nice try changing your number. It wont be that easy getting rid of me.

D

How the hell did Dylan get my number? I jumped as Mr. Jones slammed his hand on my desk.

"I'm sure you think that your social life is more important than my class, but I guarantee you its not and unless you want to fail the next test, I would pay attention." He snapped.

"Sorry.." I said trying to hide the hurt in my voice. Why was he being so cold with me? He walked back to the board to continue teaching.

"You okay?" Ruby whispered to me.

I nodded my eyes stung from holding back tears. My phone started ringing. Mr. Jones turned back to me.

"I'm sorry I'll just shut it off." I said.

"No, by all means, answer it." He said and crossed his arms across his chest. I pulled my phone out and looked at it. It was the same number. I looked at Mr Jones begging him with my eyes not to make me answer this call.

"Don't keep them waiting Miss Cole, we are all dying to know what is so important." He said. I slid my finger over the Answer button.

"Hello?" I said my voice shook.

"Kassidy. What took you so long to answer!" Dylan's voice said as it came through the speaker.

"I'm at school Dylan.." I said. Mr. Jones quickly took the phone from me and hung up.

"Miss Cole, come with me." He said and walked out of the classroom. I got up and followed him.

"How long has this been happening?" He asked me as soon as I was in the hall and the door was closed.