Chapter35: back in bed.

Y/n's POV..

We landed in (c/n) after what seemed like a whole day, we went to the baggage claim to take our suitcases, i looked for our bags then daehyun picks them up from the conveyor belt.

We left the airport right after that with daehyun's car that was parked in the airport's underground parking lot for a little more than two days.

I unconsciously kept unlocking my phone as i sat in the car and reading the message jungkook sent a while ago.

I don't know if I should reply or if it's the kind of message that you're not really supposed to reply to.

So i was repeatedly typing a few words then deleting them and rewriting as daehyun quietly drove to my apartment to drop me off.

We didn't talk much throughout the ride since we did that on the plane and there's not much left to talk about.

We're both probably thinking of what we're gonna do once we get home.

A lot of my attention was aimed towards my phone and the reply I'm contemplating wether to write or not that I didn't feel the car stop until daehyun had to call my name and poke my cheek.

I got out of the car when I noticed that we're in front of my apartment building and so did daehyun.

He took my suitcase out of the trunk and offered to help take it up to my apartment but I insisted that he didn't have to and that I'll do it myself. since we're both really tired especially him since he came all the way to seoul to take me back with him all in a day and a half.

I got into the building after i hugged daehyun and thanked him for his help.

I always thought the building's elevator was fast, but this time it feels like I spent an hour in it even though it was empty.

Once i got into my apartment i left my suitcase by the front door not even bothering to roll it into my bedroom.

I walked into my small kitchen deciding to unpack later.

I was craving that ramen cup that i ate at the hotel with jungkook.

I checked the cabinets for anything similar since I haven't seen the exact one being sold in the nearby supermarket I usually shop at.

I found one and made it the exact same way i saw jungkook make the one we ate at the hotel.

I just submerged it in hot water and the spices it came with.

It didn't smell or taste the exact same but i ate it like it was the best dish I've ever tasted, that's how hungry i was.

I was so exhausted and sleepy that I didn't have the energy to finish the one small serving of ramen i made, i got into my room not even bothering to wash my bowl.

I looked for something comfortable to wear, then I realized that all of the comfortable ones are in the suitcase and they're not in their clean state.

So i just slipped on jungkook's hoodie, since it was lying in front of me, and it's the most comfortable piece of clothing i could find.

Although i felt slightly bad about it, I didn't have the energy or time to think about it.

I got into bed and sighed in satisfaction as i felt myself sink into it a little.

Just as was about to close my eyes and finally sleep, I couldn't help but let my hand reach out for my phone ,unlock it and read the message he sent once more, noticing that I accidentally memorized it due to how many times i read it.

I just let my fingers tap on the screen deciding not to spend so much time analyzing it.

So i wrote a reply, I didn't read it before nor after i sent it, I didn't want to keep deleting and rewriting like i didi in the car earlier.

I shouldn't have put that much thought into it.

while on the other hand, he would probably read it once with his eyes because of how busy he must be right now probably making up for the times he couldn't get his work done because of me.

I stared at the screen for a minute or two, probably waiting for him to read it or maybe i blanked out.

Then i saw the time, 2:13 am..

My eyes widen when I realized how many hours of sleep I'm getting which didn't seem to be enough for my drained out body.

I turned off my phone.

The idea of putting an alarm not even crossing my mind since I'm on vacation mode.

I finally closed my eyes and sighed in bliss at the comfort of my bed that I haven't been in in more than a week.

____________________

I woke up to my phone ringing, but I didn't move with a little hope that it was just a dream.

But when it didn't stop, i knew it wasn't.

So i had to sway my arms around on the bed until i found my phone and checked the caller.

I answered the call and cleared my throat to not sound like I'm choking.

"Hi, mom." I said as i smiled.

I haven't talked to her in a while.

"Really y/n? You can't call and tell us that you'll spend a few more days there?" She tried to sound angry but failed.

"Well.. I'm back now so.." i said trying to avoid explaining too much.

"So how was it?" She asked with her normal pleasant voice like she completely forgot what she said a second ago, which I only proves that she wasn't actually angry at me.

"It was fun, considering it's the first time i travel alone it was really good." I answered genuinely and tried not to get into details since i know I can't lie to mom and even if i try to, she'll know.

"I'm glad you had fun, we were worried about you." She sighed in relief and i smiled in appreciation.

"So when are you coming? You got like.. five days till you university starts again."My mom asks enthusiastically.

"Well.. six days to be exact, I don't know maybe later today or tomorrow morning." I said trying not to yawn as i spoke, I'm still sleepy, maybe I'll sleep a little more when i hang up.

"Alright, don't forget to tell us when when you decide."

I nodded forgetting that she can't see me then my eyes caught my suitcase in the living room area that i can see from my bedroom since the door is wide open, I didn't even bother closing it last night.

"Y/n, i have to start making lunch, take care honey and don't stay in bed till noon." She said and hung up before I replied but i heard andy's voice in the background calling mom.

How did she know i was still in bed?

She knows me too well.

I smiled as i thought of how she still worries about me the same way she did 10 years ago.

I like that her way of caring for me didn't change even though i live alone in a different city.

She always sends me messages at lunch and dinner times telling me to eat and reminds me to eat breakfast before attending my classes.

When I don't reply she calls daehyun to ask him about me, which is the reason she has his phone number in the first place.

To be continued..

Hey!!

Hope you liked it💗
It's not eventful but it's something i guess.

And hoseok's mixtape thooooooooo🙊👏🏼