Malec Wedding

It was the day. The day in which Magnus Bane and Alexander Gideon Lightwood would be united  in holy matrimony. The day which everyone was waiting for. The anxious feeling everyone possessed filled the room. 

The grooms were in their rooms getting ready. Magnus was in one room across the hall and Alec in the other. Though Magnus had years and years of experience and he had had his fair shares of love and of relationships, he had never been married. This was a new experience for him. He knew the second he laid eyes on him that he was the one. He unlocked something in him and they fought for their love. Whether that be from the people, the prejudice, the clashing schedules and their very very busy lives, they always made it through. Magnus couldn't help but smile when he thought that him and Alec were really doing this. It was a dream. It was surreal. Magnus was so anxious. He kept fixing himself and he kept pacing back and forth in the room. He was not having doubts, he was wondering if Alec was having doubts. He knew that Alec was a huge over thinker and maybe he was overthinking this wedding or getting married at all. Magnus did not want to be heartbroken. "He'll be there. He loves me. I love him." Magnus kept telling himself. Catarina entered the room. She put her hands on each of Magnus' arms and rubbed them as a sign of support and reassurance. "Hey, you'll be fine. You and Alec were made for each other. You love him, don't you?" Catarina asked and Magnus just nodded. He was so glad Catarina was a compassionate and kind soul, she always knew how to make him feel better. 

Alec was as calm as a cucumber. Unlike Magnus. Alec was in his room with Izzy and Jace. They were partying it up! Izzy blasted music and Jace brought food. The three Lightwood siblings were living their best lives. Alec remembered on the day of his wedding with Lydia, how nervous he was and how he knew this wasn't what he wanted. He looked at himself now, he was with the man he loved more than anything. He knew this was right. He never doubted it for a second. It was almost time for the ceremony. Alec had Jace be his best man and Izzy be his maid of honour. Jace and Izzy made this whole wedding possible and he was ever so grateful. The two did not even let Magnus or him touch anything. They finally found a project that suits the two of them. Considering the way Izzy and Jace threw the engagement party, the bachelor party and everything in between, Alec knew this wedding was going to be the best wedding ever. Nothing less for his love. 

It was almost time for the ceremony. Izzy and Jace hugged Alec one after the other and after they pulled each other in for a group hug. "I love you, Alec." Izzy said whilst leaving. Jace fixed Alec's bowtie and his collar and said, "I'm so honoured to have been able to be apart of this with you and Magnus, I love you, never forget that, parabatai." Jace said on the verge of tears. Alec just gave him another hug and with that, Jace left. 

Catarina hugged Magnus and she whispered to him, "I'm so happy for you." and she smiled. Magnus frowned, she knew why. "Ragnor would have been too." She reassured him. Magnus gave her a crooked smile and took a deep breath. Izzy and Jace then came by. Izzy hugged him first, "I'm so glad Alec met someone like you." She said to him and smiled. Magnus returned the smile. Jace was next, he hugged Magnus, "I cannot imagine someone better for my brother." this made Magnus smile. Izzy and Jace had left and it was almost time. 

Alec went into the room. There were so many people. Now he realized why people got cold feet. This was nerve racking. Alec made his way to the front and stood in front of the priest. He took three deep breaths and straightened out his suit. He was ready. Soon after Alec made his way to the front, Izzy followed behind and her gold dress draped over her shoulders and down her body onto the floor. Her hair not the usual straight, she had curled it and placed it in an up-do. Her lips were a dark shade of red and her eyes gleamed of glitter. Magnus would love that, Alec thought. She walked up and stood behind him and she flashed him a smile and a wink.  Jace then came following Izzy. His eyes gleamed in the sunlight and his hair was gelled back. His suit was black on black on black with a gold tie. He gave Alec one of his arrogant smiles, they never bothered him, he loved them in fact, that meant Jace was happy. Jace made his way to stand next to Izzy, behind Alec. 

Soon, he saw the doors open and there came Catarina. Catarina made her way to the stand and took her place. She winked at Alec and she smiled at her. Soon, the music began and there was Magnus. The single most beautiful man he had ever seen. He was in absolute shock. He could not breathe. The man he loved was walking down the aisle to marry him. Magnus was wearing a gold, black and red suit. His jacket was black, his shirt matched Izzy's lips and his bow was an impeccable gold. As Magnus made his way to the front, he smiled at Alec and Alec smiled back. They both forgot why they were so nervous and scared. They knew that this was real. This was right. In this moment nothing else mattered. It was time to recite their vows. Alec had practiced for months. So had Magnus. 

"Magnus Bane, you are the one. I knew since the first time I pressed my lips to yours. No matter how hard I fought off our love and undeniable feelings, you kept pushing and you kept fighting. I am forever grateful for that. You are my umbrella in times of rain and my rock in times of need. You never refuse to help, participate or support me in anything I do. I love everything about you from the way you have these eyes that I can drown in to the way you refuse to wear shoes with laces in them because they are too much work. The thought of you brings a smile to my face and the sound of your voice brings me to a state of relaxation. I love how you call me Alexander instead of Alec. I love how you always play with my hair when you think I am asleep and the way you make always pull me closer by the waist when you kiss me. You're my first and last thought of each day. You're my forever. I love you, Magnus Bane." 

Magnus just pouted and started his vows, "Alexander Gideon Lightwood, you taught me to love. Before I met you, I was just breathing and after I met you, I knew how it felt like to live. You are my very breath, my every thought and my very reason for living. God made your hands to fit with mine and your lips to be on mine. You always accepted me for who I was and who I am. My flaws and my past never seemed to have bothered you, you always said that it doesn't matter how many people I have been with or how many people you haven't been with. Our love is real. I never believed in love at first sight, but when I saw you, I knew I wanted to know you and when I knew you, I wanted to be with you and now I am, forever. I love everything about you from the way you scrunch your nose when you do not understand something or smell something funny to the way you snore. Aku cinta kamu, Alexander Lightwood." 

Alec felt a tear in his eye and he saw Magnus was fighting them back too. "Alec Lightwood, do you take Magnus Bane to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Alec grabbed Magnus' hand, smiled at him and said with full certainty, "I do." "Magnus Bane, do you take Alec Lightwood to-" "be my lawfully wedded husband, I do in every lifetime and language." Magnus said interrupting the priest. "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husbands, you may kiss the groom." 

Alec went in to kiss Magnus, but Magnus pulled back. Alec was confused for a second. Magnus signalled <<one minute>> as he ran down to the middle of the aisle. Everyone was confused, but Alec knew what he meant. Alec looked down at Magnus as he stood there patiently waiting and Alec walked down those steps. He made his way down the aisle and without missing a beat he grabbed Magnus by the lapels and kissed him, like their very first kiss. "I love you." Alec said,"I love you." Magnus said.