New Years Kiss

Magnus Bane was known for throwing the most wild New Years party. No one in Brooklyn would ever pass up the chance to go to said party. They were the talk of the town and this year's theme was masquerade. Magnus was looking for someone. A special someone. He did not care for gender. He wanted the connection, the soul and the feelings. He craved love. He wanted his New Year to commence with the perfect kiss. Unfortunately, this party was very exclusive. Invitation only. 

Alexander Lightwood was known for his siblings. They were wild, popular and stunning. They were party animals and got invited to every party they had the chance to go to. Isabelle Lightwood and Jace Lightwood. Though Alec and his siblings were polar opposites, they loved each other more than anything in the world. This year, Jace and Izzy promised that they would spend New Years with Alec and not their significant others. Like every other year, they both got an invite to Magnus Bane's New Year bash. They always were admitted with a plus one. This year, they were ditching their significant others to party with Alec. They were missing one tiny detail though, Alec did not party. Alec was hesitant to go, but Izzy and Jace were ditching their significant others, so it was the least Alec could do for them, for what they were doing for him. 

Magnus was in the midst of getting ready. His eyeliner was perfectly winged, his eyes were glittery and his cheekbones were perfectly toned. Magnus looked in the mirror and gave himself a wink. He went to change into his outfit. He had been planning this party for three months and the perfect party requires the perfect outfit. Magnus wore skinny black jeans, a fitted black shirt that perfectly showcased his body and a gold and black belt. His shoes were just black combat boots and over his black outfit, he threw over a scarlet red jacket with black patches over it. He put on his wide range of rings and attached a chain to his belt loops on his jeans. he wore a silver chain on his neck and made his hair into the perfect mohawk. 'Perfection' he thought. Magnus grabbed his gold mask and made his way downstairs. All the party decorations were set and everything was perfect. 

Izzy stormed into Alec's room after she was finished getting ready. She was wearing a red dress that was tightly fitted and showed off her stunning body, her lips matched her blood red dress and her hair was perfectly curled and dropped over her shoulders. Izzy went right to Alec's closet and started to throw stuff out of it. "Alec, you have to look good tonight and you have literally no clothes. Do you not own colour?" she said, annoyed. Alec rolled his eyes and grabbed his favourite pair of jeans and made his way to the washroom to change. When he came out, Izzy had basically emptied his entire closet. "Ah, found it. I knew you did not throw this out." Izzy said proudly. She held up a black dress shirt that was clearly way too tight. She threw it at him, "Go change." she ordered. Alec did as he was told and he went and put the shirt on. He felt so uncomfortable. Everyone could see every part of his body. He made his way out and Izzy clapped with glee. "Now you look like Isabelle Sophia Lightwood's brother." she said proudly. She smirked to herself. Alec picked at his shirt as Isabelle came to fix his collar. She sashayed away and Alec just groaned, plopping back on his bed. 

"Let's go!" Jace yelled from downstairs. Alec grabbed his leather jacket and made his way downstairs. Jace handed Alec a mask, "It's a masquerade party." Jace said, Alec grabbed the mask and started to put on his black, leather boots. Jace grabbed the keys and him, Alec and Izzy made their way to the party.

They had finally arrived to the party. "Woah." Alec said in awe. The house was truly stunning. Jace and Izzy looked at one another and smirked. Izzy grabbed her red lipstick from her purse and fixed her lips, "You look fine." mumbled Alec. Izzy game him a dirty look and the three made their way in. Before going in, Alec, Jace and Izzy put on their masks and walked through the gates. Magnus had extremely high security. There were guards everywhere, checking ID's and invitations. Alec was approached by a guard and was asked for his invite. Alec looked over to find Jace or Izzy and luckily he had spotted Izzy, he called out, "Izzy!" Izzy jerked her head back and rushed to Alec, "Whoops, forgot to give you this." she said with an innocent smile, "Here you are." Izzy said as she handed their invite to the guard and he let them pass. 

Alec was stunned. He had never seen a house so stunning. He mingled around. He had already lost Izzy and Jace in the crowed. He tried looking for them, but he eventually gave up and made his way to the bar. The bar had all sorts of alcoholic beverages, "Can I have um, water?" He said to the bartender, nervously. The bartender gave him a look and handed him a glass of water. 

Magnus saw as his party was filling up. He smiled and said "Everything is perfect," then, he spotted a boy, 6ft tall, raven haired and hazel eyes. None like he had ever seen before. "and so is he." he continued. He saw as the boy made his way in and waked over to the bar. He saw the bartender give him a look and he was confused. He made his way over. 

Alec was drinking his water whilst leaning against the wall. He was quite peaceful. He hated parties though.  He stood there and was soon approached by a man. He was quite exquisite. The man's nails were painted, his eyes were cat-like and glittery. His cheekbones were perfection and his lips looked oh so kissable. The man smiled, "Hey! I'm Magnus, you are?" he said as he extended his arm for a handshake. "Y-you're M-magnus B-bane?" Alec stuttered. Magnus laughed and shook his head, "Yes, I am!" Magnus said proudly, "you are?" he continued. Alec stood there in silence admiring Magnus' smile. It was beautiful. "I-i'm A-alec." he said as he returned the handshake. 

As soon as their hands touched, Magnus felt a spark, a connection. It was everything he had hoped for. Alec felt it too. It was electric. He could almost seethe sparks. Alec was left breathless. Alec drank all of his water "I'm g-going to g-get a-another d-drink, it w-was n-nice m-meeting y-you." Alec said as he started to walk off, then Magnus spoke, "Actually, I need a drink too, I'll join you." he said. Alec just nodded and made his way to the bar. 

"Can I have another water?" Alec asked the bartender. Magnus had realized that was why the bartender gave him a weird look, he asked for water. It was adorable, truly. Magnus just laughed and he moved closer into Alec. Alec felt himself getting nervous. He moved closer and closer, as their bodies almost touched. Alec wanted to pull him in closer and closer. Instead, Magnus leaned over and said "A margarita please, on the rocks." the bartender handed him his drink and the countdown began. "10, 9, 8, 7" Alec was about to do something he knew he would regret. "6,5,4,3" the crowd cheered and Alec grabbed Magnus by the lapels and placed a kiss on his lips. 

Magnus was in shock. He had dropped his drink and pulled Alec in closer. The kiss was electric. It was soft. It was innocent. It was the perfect way to start off the New Year. Alec pulled away, "I'm really sorry, I don't know if you ar-" He was interrupted by Magnus pulling him in and kissing him again. "Happy New Year, Alec." Alec blushed, "Happy New Year, Magnus." 

Author's Note: yikes these are so messy. hope you had a great day!