Reunited

Magnus had been feeling quite lonely these days. Alec was not around as much, as the head of the New York institute, he was a busy man. Magnus understood that, he was once the High Warlock of Brooklyn. That did not stop how Magnus felt though. He missed Alec. He missed his warmth, his smile, his eyes, his arms that he could just lay in forever. He missed his shadowhunter, his rock, his love and his world. Even though Magnus missed Alec dearly, he did not dare intrude with his business. He knew Alec needed to be focused and he had no intention on messing or interrupting Alec's work. Alec had worked so incredibly hard to get the position and he knew that Alec would do almost anything to be the best Head of an Institute there was. 

Alec was an almost too busy man. He could not remember the least time he had gotten a full 8 hours of sleep. Him and his siblings were always on edge. There always seemed to be some new mission of some sort to go on. As the Head of the Institute, Alec had to approve each mission, hand out missions, sign orders and bills, go to countless meetings and the list goes on. He missed Magnus. Magnus was always a way for him to escape. Just being in the presence of Magnus, Alec felt euphoric. He loved his boyfriend more than anything. He loved his little sigh he makes after they kiss, his smile each morning, his glitter on every peace of furniture and his voice that calms him. Oh his voice. Alec loves that voice. It brings him so much relief and seems as if there's a chill that goes down his spine every time he hears that voice. When Magnus calls him 'Alexander' that's the end. Alec is completely mesmerized. He just wants to hear that voice again, hug those lips again and be in those arms again. 

Alec finally found 3 seconds to himself, so he picked up his phone and did something he was meaning to do forever. He opened the messaging app and texted, 

Alec: Hey Mags, I miss you, I'm so so sorry I've been immensely busy. 

Magnus: Alexander, I understand, love.

Alec: Can you come see me at the Institute. I'm going to take a couple days off, you can come pick me up. 

Magnus: Of course! When?

Alec: One hour.

Magnus: See you then, dear. I love you.

Alec: I love you too. 

Alec sighed of relief. He thought Magnus would be furious. He was so understanding and he loved him for that. Alec smiled and blushed. Before Alec could take another breath, Raj entered the room. "Emergency." Raj said. Alec knew what he had to do, so he made his way to the main hall. 

Magnus got a text. It was from Alexander. He smiled to himself. He opened the message right away, instead of being a petty warlock. He saw Alec was sorry and he replied right away. When the conversation ended, Magnus rushed to his room. 'I'm going to see Alec!' he thought to himself. He washed his hair and took a quick shower. The smell of sandalwood was oozing all over him. He ran to his vanity and threw on makeup. His cheekbones were perfectly toned, his eyes were glittery, his nails were perfectly painted black as always. He placed his hair in his signature spike, and he made his way to his wardrobe. He had decided to wear a tightly fitted black button up, a pair of red skinny jeans, that were almost too skinny. He opened up a portal and made his way to the institute.

A portal opened up in the middle of the weapons room. 'My aim was so off." he thought to himself. He made his way to the main hall. There he saw Alec. His Alexander. Standing tall and proud. 

Alec was assigning Jace and Izzy to mission, when he felt a pat on his shoulder. The fragrance of sandalwood filled the room. There was only one person this could be. "Dismissed." he told Izzy and Jace firmly. Izzy winked at Alec as she was leaving. Alec blushed and smiled. He shook his head and turned around. Magnus wiped the glitter off of Alec's shoulder where his hand was. Alec was gazing at Magnus, who just smiled. They both stood there in silence, until Alec lifted his finger and was about to say something. 

Magnus placed his finger on Alec's lips and grabbed his hands to pull him into the empty hallway. Magnus placed a kiss on Alec's lips. That kiss. Each other's lips felt so familiar, yet so different. It was innocent, but longing. It was something they both wanted to keep doing. They did not know how much they craved one another until they kissed. 

They finally parted, though they did not want to. Their foreheads remained touching and Alec whispered, "I'm so sorry, I've missed you so, incredibly much." Magnus just chuckled and they both stood there, with their foreheads touching, grinning like two dorks hopelessly in love. In that moment, everything was perfect. Everything. 

Author's Note: HDDUSDFUSHFUFEFOFHOF OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 50 READS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL. HAVE A GREAT DAY! FWFIWFNFFWFHFOFHF