connecticut ain't that bad with you

hey loves! I thought that I should post early before I forget!! so here it is lololololol ,, its currently 4am and I literally forgot it technically counts as Friday,, so here we goooooo 

Party animal. That was the term used to describe Magnus Bane. He was quite the party animal. You're at a party, chances are you will for sure see Magnus. Magnus did not only attend every party, he threw the most barbarous parties. His parties were legendary in Brooklyn. They always ended in Magnus hammered, knocked out on his bed, naked. Always naked. 

Magnus had just thrown one of his killer bashes. No reason in particular, just to celebrate the start of Summer and the end of junior year. His mother was on a business trip, so this opportunity was not one to pass up. The house was left trashed and as if there were a pack of wolves let out. Not a pretty sight.

Magnus opened his eyes and sat on the edge of his bed, legs hanging off of the bed. He rubbed his eyes and rubbed his head, after. His world was spinning. He got up, on his feet and held onto the headboard of his bed for support. His head was thumping like crazy. He had a headache he was sure not to recover from for a couple days. Magnus carried himself to the washroom, tripping over himself. He made his way to the washroom and turned on the hot water. 

The water hit his body like hail. Magnus stood in the shower, ducking his head. He was not in the mood to do anything but sleep. He stood there for a good 15 minutes until his head felt as if blood was in it again and he walked into his room and put on some clothes. He walked downstairs to get some yogurt to help his massive hangover and saw a very angry Esmerelda Bane standing in the front of the house, right in front of the stairs as if she were waiting for Magnus. She looked unamused. Scratch that, she looked downright crossed. 

"Magnus, care to explain this mess?" she asked, arching one eyebrow that made her look scarier than before. Magnus knew in that moment he was screwed. 

His Mom did not even bother changing. Her coat and shoes were still on, and her suitcase right at the door. Magnus knew she was not letting this go so easily. 

"Um." Magnus started. 

Before he could explain himself, his mother raised a hand and said, "That means do not explain yourself." she said. Magnus looked down, refusing to meet her gaze. Esmerelda sighed.

"Well, I came back two days early because, I have news." she said. 

Magnus perked up. Anything to change the topic. 

"What?" he asked. 

"Before anything, I have to help you with your sorry hangover." she said, fading into the kitchen in which she grabbed a bottle of cold water, gatorade and yogurt. 

"Bottoms up." she said. 

Magnus looked at her with a puzzled look. "I've had my fair shares of hangovers in high school." she shrugged. Magnus smiled. His Mom may try to be scary and responsible, but more than his mother, Esmerelda was his friend. She was the kind of mom who did not nag you and understood where you came from. One of the many reasons Magnus loved her more than anything in the world. Even more than partying. 

Magnus chugged the entire thing and almost threw up in his mouth. It was absolutely sickening. 

Magnus sat down on the sofa after removing cups and pizza crusts on the cushion, making the place legible to sit. 

"So, my company has offered me a job in San Fransisco for the Summer." she explained. 

"So?" Magnus asked. 

"I'm going to take it. But, I cannot bring you with me." she said. 

Magnus wasting a happy dance inside. Staying home all Summer, without parental supervision? Hell yeah!