Forty-Seven - April 21, 2018

Rachel

I woke up to the sun shining on my face, and not through a window.... I opened my eyes and remembered – I was on Miles' pool deck, in a chaise lounge, his arms around me.

And we had sex last night.

Holy shit. I'm not a virgin anymore.

A slow smile spread over my face as I remembered every detail about last night. It was perfect... everything I had ever imagined and more. I turned over on my side and gently pushed his hair back off his forehead. He was still peacefully at sleep, eyes closed, his long eyelashes almost brushing his cheeks. My eyes ran over his face – his skin tan, smooth, blemish-free. God, he's beautiful. I used to think he "knew it," but now I knew that wasn't true. It had all been an act – an act that would allow him to fit in with his teammates and friends.

He must've felt me staring at him because his face twitched slightly and his eyelids fluttered open. As soon as he focused on me, his mouth broke open into a smile.

"Good morning, gorgeous," he murmured, kissing my forehead.

"Good morning," I said, nuzzling against his bare chest.

"How did you sleep?"

"The best I've slept in months," I said truthfully, looking up at him.

"Good. I mean, after last night, you had to be tired," he said, winking.

I blushed but forced myself to say what I wanted to say. "It was perfect, Miles. It was more than I ever could have imagined or asked for. Thank you," I whispered.

"You're thanking me? Rachel, what you gave me last night was..." He shook his head like there were no words. "It was amazing, baby," he said, pressing his forehead against mine.

"It really was." Suddenly a thought crossed my mind and I let out a little bark of a laugh.

"What?" he asked, sitting up a little more and looking down at me in amusement.

I sat up and grabbed another towel from the table next to me, pulling it around my bare chest.

"Don't get mad... I was just thinking about how not even 2 months ago, Brooke had given you my phone number and I was SO mad at her for doing that. I told her I was so disgusted by it. I basically cussed her ass out in the cafeteria. And look at us now... it's just so funny to me," I said, shaking my head.

He put his head back on the cushion and laughed. "Wow, disgusted, huh?"

I cocked my head to one side. "Obviously, I was wrong," I said, climbing on his lap, and letting the towel drop to the ground

"Mmmm," he hummed, cupping my cheeks in his hands and bringing my face to his.

Luke

I jogged downstairs after taking a shower, calling out for my parents.

"Mom, Dad... you guys down here?"

"Yeah, in the kitchen!" my mom called.

"Hey guys, good morning," I greeted as I came through the door.

"Morning, son," my dad said. "Coffee?" he asked as he poured himself a cup.

"Yes, please..." I said, yawning.

I took a cup gratefully and my dad peered at me curiously.

"Rough night?" he asked, sipping his coffee but not taking his eyes off me.

"You could say that," I started, sitting the cup down on the counter.

"Too much to drink?" he joked.