Fifty-Nine - May 5, 2018

*potential triggering scene ahead*

Miles

When we got to Luke's room, I looked at him and folded my arms. "That's the exact sort of thing I was trying to tell you not to say."

Luke glared at me, his hazel eyes angry. "Miles, please. You can't tell me you wouldn't be mad if you were me."

I sat down in his desk chair and propped my bare feet on his bed. "Of course I would be. But Luke, you're forgetting something really important here."

"What?"

"Your dad is awesome, Luke. He's everything a dad should be – supportive, kind, loving. Who cares if he wasn't the sperm donor? He's been your dad your whole life – and I'm frankly jealous of you. Our 'father,' bro, is the opposite of your dad. He's horrid."

Luke considered this, and his face softened. "Maybe you're right."

"I am," I confirmed.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. You're right. But how do you explain my mom? How could she do this?! How could she betray Dad like that?"

I shrugged. "Maybe there's more to the story... Rachel seemed to think there was."

He clenched his teeth. "I have to talk to her."

I nodded, getting up and stretching. "I have to get out of this uniform," I said, sniffing my underarm.

"Gross. I'll wait for you to shower and change – I need you with me on this, Miles."

"All right, then. Give me a few minutes."

***

When I got to my room, I called Rachel as I was getting undressed.

"Hello?" she answered eagerly.

"Hey baby," I said, turning on the shower so the water could heat up.

"How did it go?" she asked immediately.

"It could've gone worse... but it also could've gone better. As soon as I get changed, Luke wants me to come with him to talk to Jane. He was really hard on her," I said, my voice muffled as I pulled my undershirt over my head.

"Okay – let me know what happens." She paused. "Miles, are you getting in the shower?"

I grinned despite myself. "I certainly am," I said teasingly.

"Damnit," she cursed. "I wish I were there," she murmured into the phone, and I could almost feel her breath on my neck.

I tensed, my pants getting a little tighter. "God, me too," I replied, freeing myself from them.

"I'm going to need you to come over later..." she whispered. "My parents are going to a dinner party tonight – in Destin."

"Hell yes... I'll be there as soon as I get done with Luke."

"I'll be ready," she said meaningfully.

I groaned. "I'm going to go take a cold shower now."

She giggled. "Love you."

"Love you too."

I disconnected the call and turned the water all the way to cold.

***

I put on some basketball shorts, a grey Bay High t-shirt, and Nike sandals with socks (Rachel hated it when I wore sandals with socks – I was doing it to spite her for turning me on earlier with no means to deliver).