Fifty-Two - April 28, 2018

Brooke

"Come on, royals," I teased as we all made our way toward the front door.

Rachel laughed and Miles made a big production of escorting her out the door.

Luke slipped his arm around my waist and leaned in. "I don't want this night to end," he whispered.

I looked over at him and grinned impishly. "Well, it's a good thing it doesn't have to."

He looked at me quizzically and I beckoned Miles to me.

"What can I do for you, my loyal subject?" he said in a terrible British accent.

I rolled my eyes. "Can Luke tell his dad he's staying with you tonight?" I said lowly, where Luke wouldn't hear.

Miles raised one eyebrow. "Whatever for?" he said, in false confusion.

"Oh please. Don't pretend that you and your queen haven't pulled that trick multiple times on Rachel's parents," I hissed.

He smirked. "I'm kidding. Of course he can."

I beamed and hugged him quickly.

"Thanks, pal. I owe you one," I said, stepping back toward Luke.

He was looking at me in confusion. "What was that about?"

"Katherine is working a double shift at the hospital tonight..." I said mischievously. "Why don't you come stay the night?"

He brushed his hair out of his eyes nervously. "I – uh – yeah. That sounds great... except for one thing."

"What's that?"

"My parents are never going to let that happen," he declared as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't you know I have a plan for that?"

"What's the plan?"

"Text your dad and tell him you're going to spend the night at Miles'."

He looked at me doubtfully. "You really think that's going to work?"

Miles stepped over and stage-whispered behind his hand. "It's worked EVERY time for the King and Queen."

A grin slowly spread across Luke's face as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. "Okay, if you say so," he said, sending a quick text.

We watched his phone, waiting for a reply.

Okay. Have fun, son.

Luke looked up in shock. "Damn, that was easier than I thought!"

I grinned. "Sweet."

"Come on y'all!" Rachel called, waving us over to the limo. We all climbed in, heading to my house first.

***

When we got to my house, we said our goodbyes to Miles and Rachel, and when I opened the front door, I felt myself getting nervous.

I had had sex before. That wasn't really a big deal.

But I'd never had sex with anyone I cared about as much as Luke. And that made a difference.

"I have to get out of this dress," I whined, and Luke raised his eyebrows. I put my hands over my mouth. "No no no..." I laughed nervously. "Not like that. I – uh – There's some old clothes of my – dad's that you can change into," I stammered.

"Are you sure?" he asked, putting his hand on my cheek.

I turned my face against his hand. "Yeah. Be right back," I said, disappearing down the hall into my room.