On Trial

Moon took a shower after she finished eating. The water ran down her back, and eased the tension in her aching muscles. Her back especially was thankful, as carrying those wings everyday took a toll on her muscles. She walked downstairs, a towel around her shoulders, after spending two hours in the shower, and headed towards the kitchen. The cooks were moving faster than what she saw a few hours ago. She heard people arriving, as food was whizzed past her. She backed out of the room, and went inside the main hall. She watched for the next for minutes, people going inside the meeting room, before some familiar faces appear.

She waved at Nell, Null, Georgie, and Hallie, as they came inside the castle. She stopped waving, as they had serious looks on their face, and their knuckles gripped the swords at their waists tightly. She felt something was wrong, as they stalked towards her, and caged her in a loose circle. "Is something wrong?" She gritted her teeth, already having a good idea what it was. "Akatsuki Ruin, you are under arrest, for the murder of seven council members." They unsheathed their swords and held then to her neck. She swallowed. Damn.

They grabbed her arms; dragging her towards a car parked out front. Alex, Allen, and their father were inside one of the meeting rooms, when they were alerted to the situation. "What do you mean she was taken?" Alex had the man by the throat; not caring if he was coughing or gasping for breath. Allen put a hand on his shoulder. "Let him speak, brother." The guard rubbed his throat, and coughed. "Warriors from the queen's kingdom, came and dragged her away." He coughed. "Some of the other men, heard them say she was under arrest, and waiting trial." They both looked at their father. "Summon some of our best fighters. We need to go meet the queen."

Two women walked down a long hall, as they headed towards the dungeons. A foot swung in the air, as it's owner lay on her back, and whistle. She stopped whistling, as the door opened. "Get out, the council will begin your trial." They dragged her out of the dungeon, and up to the trial room. Moon hear voices as she was dragged to be trialed; which was stupid, but she just whistled as they entered the room. Setting her on a trial stand, they stood by the door; waiting for the council. Moon yawned in boredom, and tried to to fall asleep. "The High council is entering." The guards stood to attention, as the council entered.

Eight women sat in the chairs, some old, young, and other middle aged. Six seats sat empty, as they all stared at Akatsuki. Moon yawned, and stretched as they said nothing. "Akatsuki Ruin, you are charged with murder of six high council members, and even devouring them. How do you plead?" She sighed, and crossed her arms. "Before you get all high and mighty on me, it was in self defense. Those council members of yours were going to kill me in my sleep. Plus, they weren't even fully human. They were like me, but weaker. And I don;t know what your so haughty about, your like them, but have more power." She wrinkled her nose. "I can smell the blood coming off you a few miles away. It's a wonder how no one has caught you till now, but then again, you've probably been at this for a very long time.

It kind of reminds me of that Countess from hundreds of years ago; the one caught killing her young maids, and bathing in their blood to be young again." She shrugged a shoulder. "But, it's just a guess really." Her eyes caught the head council member. "But the rest is to your imagination." Moon covered her mouth; hiding a yawn. "Can I go back to my cell now? This is really boring." She leaned her elbow on the stand, and had her head in her hand; withholding a yawn. The head council woman looked at her with rage. "You little...." She stood up from the chair. "Well, if that's all, I'm going back." She made her way to the door where the guards blocked her way. Just as she reached for the door, a sword went through her neck, and dismembered her head. None of the other council members spoke; as they were to shocked at the woman standing over Moon's body, blood shooting everywhere, and over her.

And that's the end......

Psych, did you think I was going to end it there? Tsk, tsk. Just getting to one of the best parts.