A Clear Mind

Moon pulled her hood down further. "Are you?" Brid grabbed her hand. "Leave us alone, Titan." She tried to drag her out if the restaurant; but he blocked the door. "We mean no harm, Brid.......just want to hug our old friend's niece.....right."

Brid froze for a second; her ears ringing with the statement, until it finally cocked. "Ah, yes......this is my niece. She came from my sister's house to help me.....since Moon is still missing." Moon rolled her eyes. "What's her name?" Moon whispered in her ear. "Star....her name is Star. Me and my sister-in-law, loved space......so we named our daughters after the moon and stars." That was the smoothest lie, Moon had ever heard......and her mother wasn't the best liar in her world; more like, she was too easy to read. Which originally for her in all kinds of terrible; with Aunt Vickoria anyway.

  Brid took her out of town, and into the forest; both standing in front of a tombstone at the bottom of a large tree. "This is where my husband is buried." Brid brushed leaves off the tombstone. "It's been ten years now." Moon touched three headstone. "He loved you......a lot." She had a secret smile on her face. "Does no one else, visit his grave?" Brid shook her head. "No. Moon used to, but she's now prisoner; and Silver.......haven't heard from him in a few years. Rumors are going around, that he now works for that bastard; as a general in his army......I've not the heart to see if it's true or not."

  She smiled weakly; not knowing what to do. Moon looked up at the tree. "Come on.....let's meet the others." She touched the bark of the tree; opening the the hidden door inside, before they fell through. Falling down, down, down into a dark hole, was not something she wanted to experience; even though she'd gone down many dark homes, but this one was different....making her very queasy when they bounced off a net to the ground.

  "Come on." Brid walked towards a large gate; walking through, while Moon was trying to gather her insides, before she followed. That damn liquid was making her sicker than she already was. Hopefully the liquid would pass through her bloodstream, quickly........all of this sickness was making her ear to throttle someone; not to mention hurl on them. "Brid?" A bright light skinned in her face; until it was moved to illuminate the room. "Over here." She broke from a group of people in labcoats.

  "I was talking with our scientists, and they've been studying the blood of the victims; who didn't make it through the bastard's experiments." Blood stained their coats; tricking the mind, into thinking they committed murder, and just exited the bloody scene. Brid showed her the science lab; people stopping their work to look, as she removed her hood.

  "Here are the blood samples from the victims." Six beakers were full of blood; a petri dish in front of each one with a few drops of blood inside. "Most of the samples are dead, so we can't use them; but the rest are newly found victims.....so they might work."

  Moon was looking at them on her knees; trying to see something from another perspective, but not really sure what. "What were their ages?" They all grew quiet. "Um......a few were older, forty-five, and sixty, some were young men and women, twenty-three and twenty, and the last were babies of six to eight months." No one could believe, he was that heartless; but with the evidence presented to them; so much hassle.

  A few doctors approached her. They had vials, and a few needles. "They want to take a few vials of blood.....in order to study it." I'm o on felt it was a bad idea; so she declined. "I'm sorry, but no." Moon moved behind Brid. "Maybe, we should get started with the plan...before I run out of here; and go kick someone's ass, and go home."

  Needles were one of her worst nightmares; she wasn't really sure why. "Here....follow me." Four other people were standing around maps, and notes on a table; arguing over the best course of action, to storm the Werewolf Kings castle. "We need to take be high road.....well get there faster."