The Forgotten Kingdom

A favorite song from a game I love, and want to play all the way; and complete all of the parts.

Moon had finally arrived at her destination. The place that has been forgotten and used for experiments on innocent people. Sticking the reed back in her mouth; she walked towards the drawbridge. The castle was in excellent condition; a few cracks here and there. "Well, since no one has come to greet me, I guess I'll look around."

  The bridge she walked over, had a beautiful trickling water design down the sides, and falling into the water below....but the rivers had run dry. "It's a very pretty place. Even with the rivers not full of water. She peeked over the side. "Can't even see the bottom. That's one deep river." She hoped over a rock, and kept moving. "It's really weird, that I haven't been spotted yet." She ducked under a bridge. "All these weeds, and overgrown grass and hedgings, need to be trimmed"

Moon heard twigs snapping behind her, as she continued walking. Sure walked passed houses, dried rivers, and dead plants and trees. She wondered if this place would flare back to life, if the water was running again. "Maybe the ocean connecting the rivers, has a clue." She stood in the beachfront; hands on her hips, and staring at the view. "Well, this isn't what I expected."

She was looking at the ocean, but.........there was no ocean. "This place is getting weirder and weirder." They were no fish, coral, or life of any kind. That's not right. An abandoned kingdom should not have this much death to the land; let alone a whole ocean disappearing. It should have water; dirty water, but it will still have water. She looked back to the castle. "Dry rivers, a newly structured castle, and an entire ocean missing......something is not right." She had heard rumors, about the royal family disappearing, or something else breaking them; before ' that' woman came here. They must be something else no one knew about.

  Moon tapped her foot. She started pacing back and forth. "The Blood Moon is a few weeks away; Moons' blood is needed before that." But, she was still confused as to why. Everything was starting to make her head hurt. "On one hand: you have the people, who want to use her blood to make themselves stronger. The other hand: you have the people she's given her blood to willingly...." Moon pinched her cheeks. She sat Indian style on the ground; huffing out a breath. She'll have to make a note of this place for later; when her task is fine, but for now, she had to find the 'problem'.

  "I spoke to soon." She turned to see ten people had appeared behind her. "It seems the problem found me."

  Oracle-

  Oracle had her face turned to the window, as her husband, Alec and Allen; hounded her for answers on Moon. "Please, tell us what you know, my dear. They are just wondering where she went." She let out a sigh. "I don't know why you came to me. I just talked to her for a few minutes." Her maid had already been questioned; but didn't know anything. She let out another sigh. "While you three, get your facts, and figure out the right questions; I'll be making more medicine. Come find me in the cave, when your ready." Her maid lead her towards the door. "Oh, yeah....before I forget." She turned het gave towards Xavier. 

"Your sleeping in the guest room for a week. See you later." The door closed behind her; leaving a frustrated Alex, annoyed Allen, and a silently crying Xavier. "Damn it."

  Oracle sent her maid out for more herbs; while she mixed the last ones. Once her footsteps faded, She approached the lake; newly made poultice in hand.

  Unknown pov-

  The child whimpered, as she stuck a needle in her arm; before taking some more blood. She turned back to get desk; while one of her assistants, the the child back into a cage. She put the blood inside a breaker in the stove, and waited. When it made no reaction; she threw the equipment to the floor. "Fuck! I need that girls' blood." She clenched pieces of glass in her hand; not carrying as it bit into her skin, and cut her hands. "I'm so close to the formula for longer life, I can't fail now." She clenched her hands tighter. "If I don't perfect it.....' she'll' kill me." One of her many assistants entered the room.