A month's break.

Please note that I own nothing else except the plot.

From now on, this will be in Yume's POV.

I returned to my waiting room, to see a staff inside the waiting room waiting for me. He gave me a piece of paper. After going through the first round, I know that inside this piece of paper, the names who are proceeding to the next round are inside.

When I started opening up the paper, a knock interrupted me again, like the last time. Looking up, "Come in. I'm about to open up the piece of paper."

I already knew it was Subaru, he's the only one who's always interrupting me when I'm trying to do something. He came in and sat down next to me. I opened up the piece of paper and read out loud so he would know too.

Congratulations, Nijino Yume. You have won the second round and you will be proceeding to the third round. The idols who have proceeded past the second round are...

Elza Forte...

Kasumi Mahiru...

Nikaido Yuzu...

One of these 3 idols might be your opponent in the next round, I wish you all the best.

"Elza-san... Mahiru-chan... Yuzu-senpai... They're all tough idols... I wonder if I'll win..." I wondered that aloud.

"Pshhhh. You'd win right? Your dream is to become the top star idol. If you lose now, you wouldn't become the top star idol you know, boiled octopus." He tried cheering me up. 

"Haha, thanks. Feel a lot better now." 

There was yet another knock, voices behind said, "Yume-chan! Can we come in?"

"Min'na! [Everyone] Come in!" Inviting them in.

Mahiru-chan, Koharu-chan, Laura and Ako-chan all came in. The first thing they did was to congratulate me but... "Congrats Yu-"

They all then looked at Subaru, then looked back at me. Subaru then waved at me goodbye, "See ya later Boiled Octopus!"

Just like that, he left the room. And the girls started bombarding me with questions. "WHY WAS SUBARU-SENPAI IN YOUR WAITING ROOM?!"

"Huh? Is there something wrong with that? He just came over to congratulate me." I'm so confused right now... I cocked my head to the side, showing my confusion.

From now on, this will be in Koharu's POV.

Yume-chan is just so dense sometimes... She didn't understand why we were so surprised why Subaru-senpai was in her waiting room with her. Alone. And it's super obvious that Subaru-senpai like Yume-chan! It's yet another thing that she hasn't understood yet.

We all looked at each other while Yume-chan is still confused and we facepalmed ourselves.

Then, I remembered our original purpose. I clapped my hands together, "Ah, right! Congratulations Yume-chan! You're going to go to the third round!"

Laura then suggested, "Why don't we turn on the TV? To see how's it going in the other blocks."

Laura turned on the TV and we saw Yuuki Aine-chan winning her second round. She looks like a tough opponent. But Yume-chan will always smile at them and do her best! No matter what! The screen turned to the MC, saying that he has an announcement to make.

From now on, this will be in Yume's POV.

The MC said that he had an announcement to make through the TV. I listened very closely. The announcement was, "Ladies and gentlemen! There will be a change of rules for the third round onwards. All competitors will be performing their own song of their own choice. They will not be competing on the same stage at the same time! Also... there will be a month's break time. This is the end of the announcement! We look forward to seeing the competitors a month from now."

Hm... So I have a months' time to train! Nice!

We went back to the school together afterwards and we went to the S4 dorms. We were at the living room and Koharu-chan went to make tea.

When Koharu-chan came back with tea, she sat down next to me and we started talking.

I said to the girls, "The stage was so fun with Aria-chan! Her dress was so pretty...!! I love Hime-senpai's designs. They're so elegant and cute as usual!"

Laura complimented, "Your stage was wonderful too, we almost couldn't decide which was better when we decided to enter our votes!"

Then, a sudden question came up from Mahiru-chan which caught everyone's attention, "Hey, Yume. I just realised, why do you have a star-shaped necklace on your neck? You didn't go to the stadium with the necklace this morning."

They all looked at me with curiosity-filled faces. I just plainly answered, "Subaru gave it to me, said it was a congratulatory present for me winning the first round. Didn't want to leave it behind in the waiting room when it was my turn to go on stage so I just wore it with me to the stage."

Giving it a thought... Why didn't I just leave it in the waiting room? It's not like anyone's going to steal it away from me...

"SUBARU-SENPAI GAVE IT TO YOU?!"

I just nodded. What's wrong with them? It just seemed to slip out of Laura's mouth, "Geez, Subaru-senpai should've just confessed to you already."

As soon as she said that, she covered her mouth and I turned red. He- what? I changed the topic, because it was becoming far too awkward in the room. I asked, "Mahiru-chan, who were you against today?"

"Was against Kirara today. She was wearing her Sun dress. Seems like FuwaFuwa Dream also had one too. It was a fun stage, she was tough!"

We talked a bit more until we decided it was a bit late and Laura left. When Laura left, everyone went back to their rooms. I decided to go for a run, I didn't feel like keeping still right now.

I jogged until I hit the borderline between the girls' and boys' division.

I sang "STARDOM!"

Hikari wa motto toi sora

Negai wa maketari shinai

Honki no kimi wo matteru

Miru mono subete ga sekai wo kaete iku

Nagareru namida ga kokoro wo tsuyoku suru

Kako kara mirai e nuiawaseta dress

Frill no kazu dake yuki wo moteta nara...

Sora wa nanimo iwanai tada nagareru bakari

Miagereba hoshi no kakehashi iko stardom!

Akogare wa tsugi no akogare wo umu watashi wa koko dayo

Furueru yo na takami e to yume wa yume wo koete iku

Kirei na mono dake mirun janakute zenbu dakishimete

Hikari wa motto toi sora negai wa maketari shinai

Honki no kimi wo matteru...

"Mhm... Singing again?" I heard Subaru's voice, which startled me.

"Y-yeah..." I didn't really want to see him right now, especially after what Laura accidentally say. My heart is beating so fast right now...

"S-see you later!" And I ran off, face red. Probably what you'd call blushing. Heart's beating so fast it's unbelievable. What on earth is happening to me?

[End of chapter 8]

Okay... I don't know what to make of this chapter. Probably Yume's realising things? Probably almost there. She has a month to figure it out anyways. Tell me what you thought about it! Is this going too fast? If so, I'll slow it down. Had a ton of fun writing this chapter! I'll see you guys in the next chapter!