o n e | k a r a

"Kara, please get ready, we are expecting guests. I have laid out the clothes for you to wear on your bed," my mother says. 

"Yes, mother." I pause. "Mother? Who are we expecting?"

"Queen Rhea and King Lar Gand will be joining us tonight to discuss an agreement," she says. 

"Will you be able to get through one conversation without a bloodbath?" I ask. 

"We are going to work on an agreement. To stop this pointless war once and for all. Both planets have lost lives without meaning. It's not right, so it is our job to save the remaining lives and lives of those in the future. Now, run along, Kara, you don't want to be late."

I simply nod and make my way to my bedroom. I examine the blue dress my mom chose and quickly slip it on. I leave my hair open and wear matching shoes before leaving my room. 

I walk down the wide corridor towards the front gate in the main hall. 

I go outside to take in all of the fresh air. I wonder what type of agreement they will come up with. It won't be easy to broker peace between our planets without a compensation. 

Their planet has to have a King and Queen to rule them, while we live freely, by our own rules. 

"Kara, Uncle Jor-El has work to attend to, could you please watch Kal-el? He is in the nursery," my mother speaks from inside. 

"Yes, mother, I'll bring him outside with me," I say. I walk into the nursery. "Hi, Kal, do you want to go outside?" I pick him up and hold him in my arms, cradling him from side to side. I walk back outside, only to see Kal start to smile. "You like it out here, don't you?" I ask him. 

He continues to smile while I stare at the sunrise in the distance. 

"Mother, how long before they arrive?"

"A few minutes, Kara. Please be patient," she says from a distance. 

I sigh and continue to hold Kal-El in my arms, swaying him from left to right.

Minutes go by and I notice a small ship making its way towards us. The Daxamites are here. 

"Mother, I think that's their ship approaching now," I say. 

"Thank you," she says and starts walking past me, towards the ship. "Come, Kara," she says. 

"What about father?"

"I'm here," I turn around and see him walking in my direction. 

"You were almost late," I say. 

"Sorry, princess, I was checking on the preparations," he says, and smiles. "Let's go greet our guests, shall we?" He gestures for me to walk in front of him. I obey. 

The ship lands in its designated area and the doors open, revealing the King, Queen... and Prince.