t h r e e | k a r a

I look over at the Prince and smile when my father introduces me to him. 

"We are very glad you could make it, we do have much to discuss," father says to Lar Gand. 

"Yes, we do," he says back. 

"Kara, would you mind showing Mon-El around Krypton? You can leave Kal here if you want," he looks at me. 

"It's okay, father, I'll take him with me, he enjoys it outside," I say and smile. 

"Great. Mon-El, why don't you go spend time with Kara while we attend to our business," Queen Rhea pushes. I notice her looking at her son as if ordering him, not asking him. 

Mon-El quickly nods and walks over to me. 

I don't talk, just gesture for him to follow me inside. 

As we walk in silence, I notice his hands clenched at his sides. He doesn't seem all too excited to do anything. We make it back to Kal-El's nursery and I quickly find a few things for Kal I'll have to take with me. I find his stroller and strap him in. 

"Sorry, I just need to make sure I have everything I need for him," I say to Mon-El without looking at him since I am busy putting everything together. 

"It's fine," he says after a few seconds. 

"You ready, Kal?" I ask. I look at Kal-El and see a big smile planted on his face. He always knows that he's going outside if he's being put in a stroller. He is very aware of his surroundings.  

"Alright, let's go," I say to Mon-El. He just nods and moves aside for me take the lead. 

We take the elevator down to the main level and exit the building. "I'll take you to the market, it's really big and lively. Hopefully, you'll like it," I say. 

We walk down the street slowly, side by side. 

I watch as Mon-El looks around in awe as if he's never seen a place like this before. 

"Have you been to Krypton with your parents before?" I ask. 

"No, I've rarely gone anywhere," he says. 

"Oh," I say, not knowing how else to respond.

"Have you been anywhere?" He asks.

"Yeah, when I was little my dad took me to the Sagara Bayal, the well of stars," I say with a smile. 

"The place where time doesn't pass?" He questions. 

"Yeah. You should go there, it's breathtaking."

"Maybe one day," he sighs.