s e v e n | k a r a

"I didn't thank you earlier, for the meal," Mon-El speaks up. 

We are still sitting on the bench, occasionally talking. 

"You're welcome," I say. "I think your mother enjoyed it."

"She did, but she'll never truly admit it," he says with a laugh. 

"I don't mean to sound rude but will I have to move to Daxam after we marry?"

"I don't know," he says while looking at the young children playing in the garden.

"You seem to be enjoying the hustle and bustle around here," I say. 

"Yeah, It's nice. I was never able to be outside without a guard beside me. I've never stepped outside of the palace grounds on Daxam," he says while looking around. 

I frown. Learning about Mon-El's past makes me ache. "I'm really sorry, Mon-El," I say. 

"For what?"

"For judging you, without knowing anything about you or your past."

"I don't blame you. It's not wrong, what you've heard about me. The only reason I'm known as the 'frat boy of the universe' is cause that's how my parents want me to be perceived. Daxam is known as a party planet but all it really is is a hell hole."

I laugh. "You sure know how to talk down about your home."

"I don't have a home," he says plainly. "Anyways, we've been talking about me for far too long. I want to know more about you, Kara," he says, looking at me with a smile. 

"What do you want to know?" I ask. 

"Anything you are willing to share," he responds.

"Wow, okay. Well, I'm an only child. I've always loved nature and it's my instinct to protect my parents, even though I know it's their job to keep me safe. They are the most important people to me."

All Mon-El does is smile at me. He gets up from the bench and extends his hand for me to hold. I grab it slowly and allow him to pull me up. We walk through the park to the other side and make our way down the other side of the street, crossing markets and booths. 

It's only then I notice our hands still intertwined together.