t w e l v e | m o n - e l

"Kara, if you don't mind, I'll be back in a few minutes. I just have to talk to your mother," I say. 

"Okay, she's in the kitchen," she says. 

I nod and walk into the kitchen. 

"Mrs. Zor-El, can I please have a word with you privately?" I ask her quietly. 

"Sure, follow me, we'll talk in the study," she says curiously. 

I nod and follow her out of the kitchen and towards the study. She opens the door and allows me to come in. I close the door behind her. 

"Um, I wanted to talk to you about your daughter and our situation," I say. 

"Alright," she seems a bit uneasy. 

"you know that Kara and I will marry in the next few weeks but I was curious, will we be staying here on Krypton or will she come with me to Daxam?" I ask. 

"We have been discussing the living situation but it has not yet been finalized. Why? Is there a problem?"

"I was hoping you could somehow convince my parents to not have Kara come to Daxam," I request. 

"Why, Mon-El?"

"It's for Kara's safety. I know my parents. My mother will not treat her with respect. I know she will ask a lot from Kara and I don't think you would want that for your daughter," I say. 

"What do you mean? She will turn my daughter into a slave?"

"I won't bother you with the details but I can tell you that she doesn't even treat me like I'm her son, what do you think she'll do to someone like Kara? A girl she barely knows?"

"Thank you for talking to me Mon-El. I will talk to my husband and see what we can do about this. I'm sorry I misjudged you just because you're from Daxam. You are a very noble man, nothing like your parents," she genuinely smiles. 

"Thank you," I smile back. 

"Why don't you take Kara out? You both could use some fresh air," she says. 

"Alright. Oh," I almost forgot. "I forgot to ask. When is the wedding going to take place?"

"Rao's Day," she says. 

"Thank you," I say again. 

She nods and opens the door, allowing both of us to exit the study. 

I make my way to Kara while Mrs. Zor-El walks over to her husband. 

"Is everything okay?" She asks, concerned. 

"Yeah. Your mother suggested that we go out for some time, do you want to?" I ask. 

"Okay, everything's cleaned up in the kitchen, let's go," she says. 

"Alright," I say. 

"Mon-El, what did you need to talk to my mother about?" She asks again. 

I sigh. "I'll tell you outside, not here," I say. 

I turn to Mrs. Zor-El. "Mrs. Zor-El, where is the park you were asking me to take Kara?" I look at her. 

She realizes that I'm trying to cover up our conversation earlier. She smiles. "It's a few streets down. You'll recognize it when you see it. There is a large water fountain leading into a stream. Kara knows the way," she says. 

"Ready?" I look at Kara. 

"Yup," she says and smiles. 

"Be back before dark, kids," I hear my father say. I nod at him and Kara and I make our way outside.