e i g h t | m o n - e l

"I think we better head back to your place, it's getting fairly late," I say.

She nods and we turn around, making our way back to her place.

"Thank you for today," I say.

"I'm glad you had fun," she says with a smile.

Before we enter the elevator, I let go of her hand. I look and see her blush, making me smile.

I never knew someone could have the effect on me. We walk down the hallway and stop in front of a large door. "This is where you'll be staying while you are here. I'm right beside you. If you need anything you can just knock," she says.

"I should be the one walking you to your door," I say with a chuckle. "Thank you again, for today," I say.

She smiles. "Good night, Mon-El." She turns and walks to her room. I turn away from her and open the door to my room. I walk in and close the door behind me.

It's huge. A large window with a balcony is on the opposite wall, looking over the city. I sit on the bed; soft.

I've never lived like this. I feel free, happy.

I didn't bring anything with me, not knowing I would be staying the night. I look in the closet and dresser for any spare clothes but don't find anything.

Should I ask Kara? I think to myself.

I take off my pants and shirt, leaving me in my boxers, and go freshen up in the bathroom.

I quickly find my way back into the room and slide under the soft covers.

Just as I'm about to close my eyes, the door opens. 

"Mon-El?" My mother's voice. 

"What are you doing in my room, mother?" I ask, not looking at her. 

"how was your day with the tramp?" She asks.

I try my best to not yell. "She's not a tramp."

"Oh?" She seems surprised by my response. 

"Can you please leave, mother?" 

"You do not tell me what to do. I am your mother, I tell you what to do. Alura and I have decided on a date. Three weeks from today you will marry Kara. your father and I will be attending a meeting with the council here on Krypton tomorrow. Please behave yourself," she says. I look out the window, looking at the dark city. 

I don't say anything. 

"Are you ignoring me, Mon-El?" She asks. 

I sigh. "No, I'm not, I'm just tired," I say.

"Where are your clothes, Mon-El?"

"I didn't bring any. You never told me we were staying over."

"We didn't know we were staying over," she says simply. 

"So what makes you think I would bring clothes?" I question.

"Find some new clothes for tomorrow, please. I don't want you to look like the wreck you are now. Clean yourself up, Mon-El," she says and turns around. 

I watch as she slams the door behind her.

I stay still and stare at the ceiling. I don't know where I'm going to get clothes from. I don't have any money to buy things here on Krypton. I don't know how their system works. 

I'll ask Kara where I can get clothes tomorrow.