f i f t e e n | k a r a

I stare at Mon-El, not knowing what to say. 

He looks down, embarrassed. "Sorry, I just, I don't know why I said that," he says quietly. 

"No, no, it's really sweet, thank you. It's just that, nobody has ever said that to me before," I blush slightly and smile. 

"I know marrying me wasn't on your list but I can't help but think how lucky I am," he says. 

I don't know where to look. I just look at him. "It may not have been my plan, but I don't regret agreeing to it," I say. We look at the fountain for minutes without talking before I start talking again. "Why don't we go back, don't want our parents to get worried."

He nods and fits his hands with mine. 

"Thank you, for everything you're doing for me, Kara. Nobody's ever treated me like this before," he says while looking up at the stars. 

"You keep saying that. You don't have to keep apologizing and thanking me," I laugh. 

We get back in time for bed. He lets go of my hand before we enter the corridor. 

"I had a really nice time," I say to him. 

"Me too," he says. We stand outside my room. 

"So, I'll see you tomorrow morning," I say with a small smile. 

"Yup, I'll see you tomorrow," he says. We both walk into our rooms at the same time, closing the doors behind us. 

I quickly change and get in bad, waiting desperately for tomorrow. 

Being with Mon-El the last few days has been very unexpected. He's such a nice person. He's goofy and quirky and always knows how to make me smile. I have no doubt that he's going to make a great King. 

As I start to doze off, I hear noises from Mon-El's room. 

"Mon-El, your father and I have come to an agreement with Kara's parents. You will stay here after you are married." I hear Rhea.

"Okay," Mon-El responds.

"Is that all? Are you not going to say anything? Don't you want to go back to Daxam?"

"Will anything I say matter to you?"

I listen but can't hear them talking anymore. The only thing I hear is Mon-El's door slamming shut.

I wait a few minutes before knocking on Mon-El's door.

He opens the door and his eyes instantly soften. "Hey, uh, come in." He moves out of the way.

I smile and pass him. 

"Let me guess, you heard my mother," he says. 

"I may have," I smile. "You don't have to go back to Daxam!"

Mon-El embraces me into a hug and I don't stop him. 

"You and your parents might still have to come and visit."

"That's okay. I'm sure we'll survive a day there. Plus, we won't be with your parents, right? You'll be showing me around Daxam anyways," I say. 

"That's true. I can show you where I go to pass the time, away from my family."

"I would love that."