t w e n t y | m o n - e l

"Mon-El, where were you two?" My mother asks as Kara and I enter the palace.

"I was showing Kara around Daxam," I say.

Rhea looks at me and then at Kara, not completely satisfied. "Did you enjoy yourself, dear?" She asks as politely as possible.

"Yes, thank you. You have a lovely home," Kara says, lying.

Rhea smiles.

"Mother, are they staying here for the night or shall I get Kara on the ship?"

"Your father and I will be staying here for a few nights, making a few wedding arrangements. The ship will take you, Kara and her parents. Alura insisted that you stay on Krypton to get used to their customs and way of life since it's been decided that you will be living there," she says.

I can tell she isn't happy with that but I don't say anything. I'm happy to not be living here anymore.

"Okay," I say, hiding the smile.

Kara follows behind me as I lead her to the ship.

"Mon-El, Kara, are you ready to head back to Krypton?" Alura asks.

"Yes," Kara says.

"Mon-El, do you want to grab any of your things from here? There's no telling when you'll be back here," she says.

"Thank you, but I don't have anything worth bringing back," I say simply.

She gives a curt nod. I can her face, she feels pity.

"You don't have to feel bad, I'm glad I get to start a new life, and I have you to thank for that," I say with a smile.

"You have nothing to thank us for, Mon-El, I'm just happy to know that you will be better off. Don't tell your mother or father I said that," she says.

"I would never," I smile.

The ship takes off. The ride back to Krypton is quiet. I'm going to start a new life. A better life. With Kara.