f o u r t e e n | m o n - e l

I can't seem to stop the tears from falling.

"Hey, it's okay," Kara sits beside me, comforting me. "She can't hurt you anymore," she says. She's not looking at me with pity, she's looking far deeper into my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. You never did anything wrong," I smile slightly.

"Mon-El," she says. I don't break eye contact with her. "I want to help, I won't have you going back to Daxam. Let me talk to my parents," she offers.

"No, Kara. I can't have more people involved in this. If my parents find out, they'll," I stop talking.

"Okay. Okay, I won't say anything. I'm sorry," she comforts me. "But, Mon-El, please know that you can always tell me anything," she looks at me intently.

"I know that Kara," I smile at her.

We spend all afternoon sitting on the bench in silence, watching the water flow through the stream.

I get up, "let's go to the fountain," I say. She smiles and nods her head, getting up and walking with me towards the fountain.

Kara let's go of my hand and puts her hand in her pocket. She pulls out a coin and hands it to me.

"Make a wish and then throw it into the fountain," she says, smiling.

I don't refuse, instead, I take the coin and close my eyes.

I don't hesitate before throwing the coin gently into the fountain, disappearing instantly.

"Thank you," I say. I once again take her hand. "Oh, I forgot, I asked your mother when our wedding will be."

"What did she say?" Kara asks curiously.

"Rao's Day. I think the wedding will be here on Krypton, or at least I hope it will," I say truthfully. "My parents would probably want you and your parents to come to visit Daxam but your mother said she'll try her best to let us stay here on Krypton."

"Don't worry, Mon-El, everything will be fine. I'm not going to let your mother hurt you," she looks at me. I smile at how much she cares for my wellbeing, nobody else has shown me so much affection.

The words slip out of my mouth. "Did anybody ever tell you how beautiful you are?"