t w e n t y t w o | k a r a

"We only have a few days left before your wedding and we don't even have everything ready," my mom says. 

"Mother, relax. Everything will be fine. All the big arrangements have been taken care of."

"I know darling. But I just want it to be perfect for you. My little girl is getting married, I want to make sure it's beautiful."

I sigh. "And it will be beautiful if you stop stressing."

"Alright, alright. Why don't you go and spend some time with Mon-El? You won't be able to see him for a few days until you walk down the aisle."

"Okay," I say and embrace her in a tight hug before wandering down the hallway to his room.

"Mon-El? Are you in there?"

"I'm coming!"

The door opens a few seconds later.

"Hi," he says. 

"Hi," I say back. 

"Is everything okay?" He looks concerned. 

"No, yeah, everything is fine. My mother thought we should spend some time together because we won't be able to see each other for a few days until the wedding."

He smiles and takes my hand. "How about we go to the garden in the back?"

"Sure," I say and lead him down the stairs and outside. 

"So, how are you feeling about everything?" He asks.

"I'm getting used to it. It's still surreal but I'm sure everything will work out."

"I hope so too," he says with a smile. 

"You know, you smile a lot."

"Is that a bad thing?" He gives me a cheeky grin.

"No, it's not a bad thing. I like it when you smile," I blush. 

"And I think you look even more beautiful when you blush." If it's possible, my cheeks turn an even brighter shade of red. 

"Um, Mon-El?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you like me?" I don't look directly at him. 

"Of course I like you."

"No. I mean, do you like me, like me?"

"What do you mean?" 

"Do you want to mate with me?" My blue eyes bore into his brown ones.