t w e n t y f o u r | m o n - e l

I wait alongside Kara's parents on the platform outside for my parents to arrive from Daxam. I don't know how to react to everything, it's all happening so fast. In a few days, I will be married to Kara Zor-El. Kara and I will be the knot that ties together both Krypton and Daxam. 

I know this is to save both of our worlds, but the more time I spend with Kara, the more I trust her. I am falling for her and it is getting harder to hold in my feelings. 

My mother would not be pleased if I told her how I truly felt. I wonder how she will react during the ring exchange at our ceremony. Only a man who truly loves his other half went as far as to make a ring with the stone of the Harun-El. 

But it's worth it. Kara will never get a proper wedding. She did not agree to the marriage because of her feelings, she agreed to it to save her world, something I would never consider doing for mine, given that I don't consider Daxam to be my home. 

My thoughts are interrupted when I notice my parents' ship land. mother and father walk out and are greeted by Kara's parents. 

"It's nice to see you again. We are looking forward to the upcoming ceremony," my mother says to Kara's mother. 

"Indeed. We will be starting the preparations tomorrow at dawn. Why don't you settle in for the night? We have a long day tomorrow," Alura says to my mother and father.

"Thank you," my father says. 

I quietly follow behind the adults, making sure to keep my head down. I do not want to face my mother right now. 

Just a few more days. I say to myself. You will be free.

I quietly leave my parents with Kara's and make my way to my room. I stop in front of Kara's room on the way and quietly knock. 

"Who is it?" She says from the other side. 

"It's Mon-El," I say quietly. "Good night, Kara," I say through the door.

"Good night, Mon-El," she says. 

I smile and walk into my room, shutting the door and locking it behind me.