f o u r | m o n - e l

I walk along the streets with Kara and her cousin, Kal-El, and take in the breathtaking sights around me. 

"I have to say, Krypton is beautiful," I say to Kara. 

"Yeah, I think so too. But what about Daxam? Do you not like it there?" She asks. 

"It's not that I don't like it on Daxam, there's nothing to look at, it's just like any other planet in the universe, but Krypton, it's not like anything I've seen before," I say to her. 

I keep walking beside her. "Um, I actually have to get a few things from the market, you can come if you like," she says. 

"Okay," I say. I've never been shopping before. Mother and father had slaves do all of our work for us.

"If you want, I can take over for Kal-El while you shop," I suggest without thinking. 

She smiles at me before responding, "sure. Thank you," she says and begins to walk into the store. I follow her while pushing the stroller. 

I watch intently as Kara walks through each aisle, picking up supplies. "Do you want anything, Mon-El?" She turns to face me. 

Nobody has ever offered to get me something, even if it's food. It's always my parents ordering people around. I look at her, shocked.

"I'm sorry, is it something I said?" She asks, no longer smiling. 

"No. Nothing like that. Thanks, but I don't need anything," I say, trying not to make a big deal of the situation at hand. All she does is nod and turn back to the products on the shelves. 

I follow Kara patiently as she shops and then to the counter. Kara pays for everything and I help her put the things in Kal-El's stroller. 

"Bringing Kal-El sure comes in handy," I laugh.

"Yeah, he has his moments," she says. "Here, I can take over the stroller," she says. 

"No, it's fine, I'll do it," I say. All she does is nod her head. If I saw correctly, I think she was blushing slightly. 

"Is there anything you want to see here?" She asks. 

"Well, what are my options?"

"There is a beautiful park a few minutes that way," she says, pointing to the right. 

"Okay, that sounds great," I say. 

As we walk, a woman walks up to Kara. "Ms. Zor-El, I was just at your place, dropping a few things for your mother, she has requested for you to return," she says with a smile. 

"Okay, thank you. Have a good day," Kara says politely. The woman walks away and Kara turns to me. "I guess we have to go back. Sorry, I couldn't show you the park," she apologizes. 

"You don't have to apologize. Let's go," I say with a smile.