Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Lion and the Lamb

Tasha's POV

"Connor —" Before I could finish another word, Connor had grabbed onto my face, pulling my body close to his as he pressed his lips against mine. 

I had imagined kissing him many times before — but never had I expected this. He kissed me with such an intensity I thought I'd fall over or pass out. All of the anger and resentment seemingly washed away as I began to kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his neck to pull him closer. Connor moved his one hand to my waist, holding my body as tight as humanly possible to him. Even with the cold, pouring rain my body felt like it was on fire.

"I love you." Connor pulled back, gazing down into my eyes as he caressed my cheek. "I love you. I'm so sorry, Tasha."

Tears continued to fall down my face as I stared at him, "Connor..." I smiled softly, touching his face. "I love you too... please, please don't do that to me again."

"I won't. I love you," He repeated, leaning down to brush his lips against mine again. "I love you."

He said the words over and over again as he kissed her, finally able to feel free to love her how he'd wanted to the entire time.

Even as the snow began to fall with the rain, neither of us cared as we continued to enjoy this intimate moment. I pulled his body closer to mine, running my fingers up his neck and into his hair.

Connor seemed to enjoy this as he smiled into my lips, pushing my back gently against the front door. "Do you remember when we met?"

I smiled softly at him. "How could I ever forget that?"

"You looked so beautiful." Connor smiled, "You were kind, something most humans hadn't been. You were intriguing."

My smile fell as the image of his dead body flashed through my mind. "This isn't going to go away."

"No, it won't. But I will be here every step of the way." Connor leaned down, kissing her forehead as he brought her into a tight embrace.

"I love you."

Connor's POV

It was like now he had said the words aloud and finally allowed himself to feel it entirely, he wanted nothing more than to show her the affection she'd been craving for the months they'd known each other.

"I love you too, you dork." Tasha smiled, looking up at him.

"I am not a dork." Connor replied, caressing her cheek gently as he gazed down into her beautiful green eyes.

"You are definitely a dork." She leaned up, kissing the bridge of his nose affectionately. "But it just so happens I'm in love with a dork."

Connor felt his metal heart pump faster as he leaned down, slower this time, capturing her lips with his own.

The only experience he had with kissing were from the romance movies Tasha had made him watch — not that he hadn't enjoyed watching them with her, but he much preferred movies that didn't involve a romantic plot line.

He was insecure, to put it lightly, about his intimacy skills. As an Android he was designed to do things most humans could never even attempt, but kissing was not part of his programming.

"Am... am I doing okay?" Connor asked as he let Tasha catch her breath.

Maybe it was because he saw Gavin kiss her, and while she joked about his kissing, Connor knew she hadn't minded it. He just wanted to make her feel good.

Tasha pulled away to look at him, "Connor, you're a good kisser. A very good kisser." Tasha emphasized the word good each time she spoke it, "Analyze me."