Chapter 128: Bonding

The next day at work I didn't even bother to try to talk to Connor. I was exhausted and I was just done with trying. I could barely focus on the papers in front of me. I couldn't understand why Connor was acting so strange — it was like he wasn't really Connor anymore. I shook my head as I walked towards the balcony, sighing when I heard footsteps behind me.

 I shook my head as I walked towards the balcony, sighing when I heard footsteps behind me

"What do you want, Gavin?"

"I wanted to check on you." His voice was soft as he stood beside me. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine."

"Are you? Because I haven't seen you this upset in a long time." He pressed, arms crossed against his chest.

I sighed, "What do you care? It doesn't matter."

"It does. Why are you and Connor acting so weird?"

"That tends to happen when one half of the relationship completely detaches himself from the equation." I mumbled, closing my eyes for a moment as I leaned against the wall.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"It's more like the Titanic, and I'm Jack

"It's more like the Titanic, and I'm Jack. He's the rich asshole guy who despite how terrible he is, lives."

Gavin smiled slightly, "It can't be that bad."

"Yeah, okay."

Gavin sighed, "Why is Connor pushing you away? You've been together a long time— you're married for gods sake! He obviously loves you so I don't get why—"

"I'm pregnant."

Gavin blinked a few times, clearly stunned by my secret. "You're — What now?"

"Pregnant." I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. "Me. I am pregnant."

Gavin's eyes were wide as he looked at me. "Really? How does that...  how is that even possible? He's a fucking Android!"

"Yeah, well he was made well I guess."

"I take it Connor wasn't thrilled with the news?"

"He acted like he was I guess, then the day after I told him he pulled away and has ever since. He won't talk to me about it either."

"How do you feel about being pregnant?"

"I was sort of happy at first. But after all of this with Connor I just wish it never happened. I just want things to go back to normal, Gavin."

He sighed, "Look, guys can be stupid with news like that. It's life changing shit. I don't agree with how Connor is going about it, but I'm sure he'll come around."

I shrugged, "Whatever."

As I walked away, Gavin grabbed onto my hand, pulling me into a hug.

"Oof— What was that for?"

"That was me congratulating you." Gavin smiled as he let my hand go.

I rolled my eyes but smiled back. "Thanks. Please don't tell anyone, ok? I know you love gossip but with Connor being... Connor I haven't told Hank yet."

"Drama?! Me?! I'm offended."

•••

A/N: Some Tasha x Gavin friendship fun times woop lol