Chapter Sixty-One: Sanity

Connor's POV

Seeing Tasha without her emotions felt like someone had sucked all the thyrium out of Connor's body and replaced it with ice. She was avoiding him, and wouldn't keep a conversation going unless it pertained to the investigation.

"Hey robo boy."

"Word around the office is our little princess has turned off her emotions." 

Connor didn't turn to face Gavin, but rather continued to stare at the screen ahead of him

"What do you want, Gavin?"

"I just wanted to know if it's true, that your precious Tasha is no longer fawning over you."

Connor ignored him, which only made Gavin smirk. "So it is true. That's why she seemed so different last night. Maybe now that she's over you, I'll show her what a real man is like."

"I would advise against that." Was all Connor said.

"Get the fuck out of here, Reed. If you go near Tasha I'll beat you harder than she did." Hank glared

Reed simply scoffed as he walked back to his desk.

"I hate him." Connor said after a moment. "It's a rare emotion for me to feel but with him, it's constant."

"Yeah, well Reed's a prick." Hank shook his head.

Connor felt like his insides were freezing when he noticed Gavin talking to Tasha from his desk across from hers. She was smiling at him, and it was obvious she was flirting.

Gavin is getting too close to her

Eventually Tasha left her desk, going over to the break room. Connor followed suit, stopping when he was standing next to her.