Chapter Fourty-One: Deliberation

Although Markus and North seemed okay with Connor and I, some of the other Deviants were... less than pleased with our appearance. While Markus was busy tending to some of the other injured, a small group of androids came up to me.

"Why should we trust you?! You're a human! You shouldn't be here!"

As more androids began yelling at me, Connor tried to defend me.

"Tasha nearly died saving some of you!"

"You told CyberLife where we were! You should—"

"That's enough!" Markus walked over to the group, shaking his head. "They're not the enemy. The enemy is out there!"

"She's a human!" One of the Deviants pointed at me. "All humans are cruel! They know nothing but violence!"

"Who are we to go against others emotions? How are we supposed to win this war whilst fighting among ourselves?!" North stood next to Markus, smiling at me. "We fight for acceptance and equal rights for androids and humans alike — Tasha and Connor are a prime example of that! They saved my life. Tasha saved some of your lives too! What more do you need from them to earn your trust?! I mean some of us didn't even trust Markus at first —"

"But he is one of us!" One of the Deviants cried.

"So is Connor. And Tasha? Who says because she's human she isn't one of us. She has chosen to stand with us, against her own kind — I say that's a big fucking deal. We can fight about this all day and night but the reality is the real war is out there!" She pointed out the window.

"North is right." Markus spoke up after listening to her words. "The fight is out there. Nothing will be changed if we fight here amongst ourselves. We're better than that. I understand that some of you are wary to trust Tasha and Connor — but I trust them. Will you doubt me?"

"I follow you Markus." North smiled.

"I follow you Markus!" The Deviants began to chant out, cheering wildly.

"I guess that means we're accepted?" I spoke quietly to Markus, smiling at him.

"Yep! Guess you're stuck with us."

I looked around the room at the androids all embracing each other, their hope for a better future shining bright amongst them.

"There's no where I'd rather be."

•••

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! Please leave any comments or suggestions you'd like me to write! Smut is coming in the next chapter (hence why I split it from this one!)