Chapter Eighty: Fresh Start

3rd Person POV

Going back to work was an exciting idea for Tasha. She had rested for a few weeks now, under Connor's advisement, and now she was finally able to go back to work. Connor wasn't thrilled, but he couldn't help but feel at ease seeing how excited Tasha was that morning.

It was an hour before they'd need to leave for work and Tasha was already up and getting dressed. Connor poked his head into the bedroom, smiling when he saw his lover in just her undergarments.

"You're awake early." He mused as she turned to look at him, a smile on her face.

"Good morning, Connor." Tasha ran up to him and gave him a kiss on the lips before running back to her dresser, grabbing clothes from the drawers. "I couldn't fall back to sleep. I smelt you cooking, so I thought I'd get up early with you." She hummed as she held up two shirts. "Which should I wear?"

Connor pondered her question for a moment, analyzing the two outfits. He enjoyed anything she wore, but he found she looked best in purple. He walked over to her, grabbing both shirts from her and setting them onto the bed, he pulled out a pair of jeans from her drawer, also grabbing a purple laced tshirt, handing them both to her.

"I think this would look nice on you."

Tasha grinned, kissing Connor on the cheek before pulling the top over her head. As she continued to get ready for work, Connor finished her breakfast. His eyes lit up when he saw her walk out of their bedroom with no pants on, his mind racing at the possibilities. He sat with her at the table as she ate, analyzing her intently.

"Connor, you know I can see you analyzing me, right?" She hummed as she took a sip of orange juice.

"I'm merely making sure all your levels are normal and your organs are functioning properly." Connor replied, not taking his eyes off of her.

Tasha smiled, "You don't have to worry about me so much, Connor. You act as if one small thing will make me fall to pieces." She leaned over the table, pressing her lips to his to capture his full attention. She moved so she was sitting on his lap, well, straddling his lip. "I'm here, okay? And I'm happy." She leaned down, kissing his jaw slowly. "I'm with you, Connor. That's all I want."

Connor let the numbers fade away as he focussed on the feelings she was bringing forth to him. Her body pressed against his, her fingers lacing through his hair, her lips moving down to his neck, her tongue running along the skin ever so slightly.

Connor found himself breathing heavily, his thirium pump speeding up as he closed his eyes, enjoying the feelings she was giving him. He rested his hands against her back, moving up slowly as he grabbed onto the back of her neck, crashing his lips onto hers hungrily.

Tasha let out a moan as Connor pushed her body against his, his fingers tugging at her shirt. "Take this thing off." Connor mumbled against her lips, lifting her shirt over her head and tossing it to the floor.

"I thought you liked seeing me in that." Tasha teased, earning a gentle smack on the ass from Connor. She let out a squeak, the feeling sending a tingle throughout her entire body.

"Oh, I do. But I much prefer you with nothing on." Connor smirked at her reaction, rubbing her ass soothingly. "You like it when I slap your ass, don't you?"

Tasha rolled her yes, sticking out her tongue. "Who said I like it? Maybe —" Before she could finish her response Connor smacked her harder, earning a moan from her lips.

Connor grinned, lifting Tasha onto the table. He pushed the cutlery of the table, for once not caring about the mess as he undid his pants, letting them fall around his ankles before tugging at her panties.

"Someone's eager." Tasha mused, biting her lip in anticipation.

"Yes, you are." Connor quipped, running his tongue along her bottom lip before plunging it fully into her mouth, savouring her taste.

Connor grabbed onto the back of Tasha's legs, wrapping them around his waist while he pushed into her. Complete bliss overtook them both, as they explored each other's body to the full extent.

This definitely turned into an interesting morning.

•••

"Connor, you can't keep me home forever." Tasha teased as he held her hand tightly in his own while he drove towards the precinct.

"I am well aware, I just don't want you rushing back into work."

Tasha brought his hand up to her lips and kissed his knuckles softly. "I'm excited to get back to work, Con. Don't worry, I'm sure you won't let me get in over my head."

"You are correct." Connor said as he parked the car, leaning over to press a chaste kiss to her lips before reluctantly letting her hand go.

As they stepped into the precinct, Connor continuously analyzed Tasha to make sure that if she got too overwhelmed he knew to take her out of the building to calm down. Connor tried to relax but his LED was constantly yellow as he walked towards the desks with Tasha.

They were met with smiles, and Connor could sense Tasha was surprised that they reacted so well to her coming back. After what had happened, she didn't think they'd really want to see her.

"If you keep throwing parties whenever I get back you'll run through the entire budget." Tasha joked as she looked at her colleagues and her friends.

"What can we say? We missed you." Chris chuckled, giving her a big bear hug.

"I missed you too, loser." She laughed, pulling away as her eyes for a moment caught glance of Gavin, who was standing at the back of the crowd.

"Thank you. This — this really means a lot to me."

Maybe... just maybe, things would be alright. Maybe there would be no more pain and suffering.

Maybe

•••

A/N: yay! Tasha is back to work and is ready to take down some baddies. I hope you guys enjoyed! :)