chapter 20

Hello readers,

Thanks to each and everyone of you for reading, voting and commenting. Like I said the best comment gets a dedication.

So this chapter is dedicated to twinkle2206

The same will happen in the next, so do comment ur view.

Enjoy reading

-----
Nandini hurriedly enters the murthy industries and finds shivaay near the reception desk.

N : bhai what happened?

S : I don't know princess, everything was going fine, they were discussing about the project and the next thing I hear is my secretary telling me that a fight has broken.

N : God, I thought everything is going to be fine. Where are they now?

S : adi left the office in anger, while I made Manik go to my cabin. I think u should talk to him.

N : yes I will, till then u please do damage control of what they have done.

Shivaay nods while nandini goes towards shivaay's cabin. Worry clear on her face. She knew this time there was no going back, the matter was out in the open and they had to talk about it. That there is no going behind the back and trying to make them friends.

-----
Shivaay's cabin

Manik is pacing from one corner to the other. The side of his lip could be seen bleeding.
Although his anger had diminished, it had not gone completely.

Nandini enters the cabin and looks at Manik, he turns and looks back. They have a small eyelock. Her presence calming manik. Her eyes search his face and land upon the bleeding lip.

She goes near him and caresses his face. Lightly touching the bleeding lip. Manik flinches on the touch.

N : manik, it's bleeding, come on sit down, let me do the first aid.

M : it's OK princess, don't worry

N : don't worry...... It's bleeding manik, sit down.

Manik sits down on the chair and nandini brings the medical box. Very carefully she nurses the wound, lightly blowing over it. Manik is just looking at her. They don't realize when there faces are just inches apart, a little movement and there lips would touch.

Nandini moves back and thus the moment gets broken.

She moves towards other side of the table, her eyes on the wall clock which is telling her how the situation has changed just in a matter of few hours.

M : me and Adi spoke.

N : spoke how, with ur fists

M : nandini

N : what Manik I thought, we were improving, that u would work together.

M : I tried okay, but adi he is not willing to let go of the past, he just doesn't understand.

N : tell me  what happened exactly

Manik tells nandini everything, how they were excited to tell her about the project, and how words changed into taunts, past resurfaced, insults were thrown and emotions became a mess.

Tears were trailing down her cheeks, hearing how her brother and best friend were fighting upon her, how there friendship has come to this stage.

Manik's face was gloomy, he could see how hurt nandini was, as much as he wished he couldn't do anything.