chapter 77

Parking lot

The day was over and had turned out to be pretty positive. Manik had made up with Fab 5 , and they had been practicing there new song too. When he entered he saw that Ruhi was standing there alone in the parking lot. Although some of them had talked their issues but Ruhi hadn't spoken to either of them. Her only words were exchanged with Alia and aryaman. Manik knew adi and Ruhi were really good friends before all of this and, this fight was also taking a toll on Aditya's relationship with Shravan. So he decided to take matters into his own hands.

Like nandini had solved things for Fab 5 ,Manik was going to help her ease things on their part. Unconsciously Manan were making them all friends again. This time for real, accepting each other for who they were ,there were not going to be facades of liking someone just because they have to.

Manik went and stood beside her, she castes a glance at him but didn't say anything.

M : I have liked nandini since childhood too. I always dreamed of being together with her. Kind of like you with adi

She looked at him with curiosity and Manik was looking far ahead, he was kind of tangled in his own feelings. Ruhi didn't interfere and let him continue

M : but I always had the fear that she might fall for someone else. That maybe to her I will always be a friend.

Ru : but she didn't

This time manik looked at her, and nodded slightly. Ruhi had seen manik all these years, when they used to fight. She was always by Adi's side though. But she even at that time thought that Manik was a good person.

M : no but I didn't know at that time. For a while I also thought that ,how do I know whether I love her, but I became sure when I thought she liked someone else and I was ready to let her go if it made her happy. I would have arranged a date for her with that person if it meant bringing a smile to her face, and I knew that I loved her, I really really loved her. Because to me only she mattered . And when Alia asked me to choose between her and the world. Hell, I would chosen her even it was between me or her, the world stands no competition.

Ruhi smiled a genuine smile. After what nandini had said, she had thought a lot and realized that was true and listening to Manik confirmed that. She never loved Adi, not even the image she had made of him.She liked him as a friend and grew possessive. Maybe she found him attractive too. But love is so much more. This happened perhaps because before everyone told her they looked good together and no one really deninig it to her face that she hadn't stopped long before.

If you like a flower you pluck it to keep it with yourself, it doesn't matter if you are going to kill it, you only think about yourself. But when u love a flower u water it daily, take care of it through the storms and winds. And never let any harm touch it. And nandini was Manik's flower.

Ruhi understood it now. She had a long way to go. Set straight her priorities. And also apologize to a few people. But right now she was grateful to manik. Everyone had been blaming her for what happened. That she had been a fool to find nandini wrong. Even aryaman who had listened to her, never said a word against nandini.

No one tried to make Ruhi understand, they just told her. Manik was the first one who spoke, and left her to decide on her own.

Ru : I don't know what went wrong between both of you, but I wish you get back together. She is your happiness and you are hers.

She hugged Manik, while manik awkwardly patted her arm, he hasn't really hugged anyone besides nandini and this was kinda weird to him.

Ruhi chuckled and took a step back.