chapter 32

Nandini reaches home, although she has no idea of the journey because all she could see was the kiss playing in loop inside her head. That kiss was amazing, she felt everything, like the fireworks they talk about in Romantic novels and the butterflies in her stomach.

As beautiful it has been, it was terrifying as well, she didn't know how to face manik now, she laid down to sleep falling into the dreams of her friend who wasn't exactly a friend anymore.

The morning was bright and cheerful ,but nandini wasn't. Preeti enterd her room only to see her still on the bed when they had to leave in ten minutes.

P : why are u still sleeping?  We will get late

Nandini didn't reply but instead held her head in her palms.

N : my head hurts

P : what happened

She goes ahead and touches her forehead only to find her burning with fever.

P : how did you get sick suddenly ?

N : I...... I don't know, I will rest today, you please tell bhai not to worry and yes adi I am sure will inform.

P : you ate behaving weird, anyways take care alright, I will see u later.

Nandini smiles at her and lays back down again. Her body was paining and she was asleep in a few minutes.

--------

Space academy

Manik was waiting for nandini standing in the parking lot. He needed to talk to her after last night, but she was late which sounded suspicious as she was always on time.

He saw Adi's car coming and preeti getting down, she smiled and left while Adi was still looking in the direction she had gone. Manik shakes his head and looked around to find no sign of nandini's car or her in particular. He walked towards adi.

M : where is nandini?

Ad : good morning to you too

M : I am serious

Ad : when are you not ?

M : Adi

Ad : nandini is sick so she is not coming today.

M : what

Ad : yes I  checked upon her before leaving and she was sleeping, so I left the medicine on the table, if she's not fine I will call a doctor later.

M <murmurs> : I should have been careful, she has no immunity whatsoever and being in the rain......

Ad : what are you saying

M : nothing I am going to see her

Ad : which part of she is asleep did u not get

M : I am going, she is sick and she gets cranky and even if she says otherwise I know she wants someone to talk care of her.

Manik doesn't wait for his reply, gets into the car and leaves. Adi doesn't make a big deal because he knew when it came to nandini manik was not going to listen.

---------

Murthy mansion

Nandini had been woken up the second time today only this time she woke up to a hand running soothingly through her hair. She opened her eyes to see Manik already looking at her.

N : manik

M : I see you have a better way at avoiding me, getting sick and all

N : what are you saying

M : no yesterday I was avoiding you although I didn't know how to do it but your way is better, to get sick, don't come to college and problem solved.

N : very funny

Manik was trying to lighten up the situation but instead reviving yesterday brought back the memories of the kiss they shared in the rain and now nandini was avoiding his eyes. She bit her lip lightly and Manik's gaze lingered on her lips.

Nandini coughed to get his attention and he stood up to get water for her. Nandini also got up and sat on the bed.

Manik brought the glass to her mouth all the time looking into her eyes.

M : we have to talk about it sometime you know

Nandini chocked on the water and manik kept the glass down rubbing her back.

N : why are you here exactly

M : you are unwell, I am here to take care of you.

N : I told preeti, to tell everyone that I am fine and not to worry.

M : oh don't worry, I got your message

Nandini raises an eyebrow asking what is he doing then.

M : u know nandini, you think it's been so many years, things have changed, but they haven't, they still care for you,a lot.

Nandini is about to speak

M : don't even try to deny it, and about how I know because since yesterday I wasn't talking to you, the old nandini would have told her brothers and demanded I talk to her.

N : I was childish

M : no u knew that they will get you everything and now you think yourself as a burden and tell me after whatever happened with rishab and Aditya, have you talked to him.

Nandini looks down, manik lifts her chin up

N : haven't they changed

M : all these years they have waited for their sister to be back, all of you have changed, time does that but that doesn't mean their love has gone away, because you are the only constant in all of our lives nandini, never ever forget that. You are always going to be our princess and princesses don't think too much.

Nandini laughs bringing a smile to Manik's face. He grabs the bowl for the bedside table and lifts the spoon to her mouth.

M : soup, you need to eat something before medicine.

N : I will and you know since these medications will make me sleep again, so go back to college, you still have half day left, moreover about your deal with that label, Fab 5 might need you.

Manik agrees and feeds the soup, later he gives her the medicine and makes her lie down.

M : get rest and I will come soon. Oh and our talk is left by the way. Looks like with time you have become good at stalling.

Nandini smiles and closes her eyes, manik bends down to kiss her forehead and then leaves the room.

-------
That's all for today

The previous chapter didn't have that good response, I don't know how much time does pressing a star take.

Please tell what you think about the chapter, it encourages to keep going.

Do vote and comment

Precap : a midnight date