chapter 67

Murthy mansion

Nandini's car enters the gates, and she hurriedly gets down the car, leaving the door open. She had been crying silent tears throughout, because she didn't want the driver to know or worse call shivaay or anyone.

Since they had been in an accident once, the drivers of both malhotra's and murthy's were given specific orders to even report back small details.

The house was empty, and nandini was for once happy about this. She wanted time alone, she had a lot to think about. Since manik had left her that night she had always made sure she was around someone, to divert her attention always. But now she wanted solitude. To cry, to think, to understand.

She sat on the swing in her balcony, it was her favorite place. Cradling her the swing moved to and fro, make her realize time was passing. The looking outside, helped to look at the world, nature which was beautiful regardless of how the people living here were.

She thought about today, she wanted to make manik speak, break his exterior and she did. He told her something atleast. She was worried that Manik had left her because he wanted nothing to do with her. But today the look of pain on his face was enough to shatter those wrong beliefs.

She realized, Manik never wanted to do that. She should perhaps have understood this before. He anger had binded her . Manik had never been a player, he had never even looked at any other girl. He had wanted her even when she didn't know she what she wanted. The Manik she had fallen in love with, had been her best friend for years before that. Her Manik who understood her, her wishes. And did everything to make them come true. Even when sometimes that was not what he wanted.

Her realization had taken away the anger, but the hurt was still there. And nandini realized it was worse. She was heart broken. Manik, her Manik was not with her anymore. And she realized she still wanted him as much as she had before. And that was the reason she had kissed him back. She just felt him at the Manik. Anger towards him ,accusations to him. But it was still about him.

Maybe she was slowly forgiving him, she was accepting things and now understanding his perspective too.

------
Malhotra mansion

Manik sitting in the balcony. looking at the stars. stars were something he has loved since childhood. How millions of them shine, brightning the otherwise dark sky. It told about human life, how small small moments in life, glow with happiness in the otherwise dark human soul.

Nature was something manik and nandini had in common. It made them realize at least something was stagnant. The sky was going to stay the same forever. Just the eyes which see it were constantly changing.

Today he had a slip, but he wouldn't say he regrets that. He wanted to tell nandini, he had never meant to leave her. He was happy to see her hurting him, because perhaps that would decreasel some of her own pain. He would let her hurt him, until she was not hurt anymore.

Every word said by her was true, and she hated that it was. He hates how nandini had felt. In truth, that was the most beautiful night until now. He had made love with nandini. What else could he wish for. But he realized he did wish for something more, that he was able to share his thoughts with her. That he was able to stay.

sometimes life throws situations your way, you have no control on. You take decisions at that moment, wrong or right, but you do something. what matters is how you interpret it.

Manik understood nandini completely, he wanted her to understand him know. She needed to understand if he hadn't wanted this, their relationship, then he wouldn't be hurt, he would be indifferent.