chapter 34

Manik was cooking and nandini was looking at him, gazing like he was something precious, awed by his looks, thinking how she hasn't exactly ever before noticed it. She knew manik was beautiful from the inside but his being handsome was something something new to her. She just couldn't move her eyes away, like they were glued to him.

M : you are staring

N : I know

M : it's getting creepy now

N : as if you don't do that ever.

Manik had a sheepish expression while nandini grinned.

M : come on princess, let's go back to your room before anyone sees me.

Nandini agrees and manik picks up the plate and slips his hand into hers.

---------
Nandini's room

Manik goes and sits down on the bed, his back on the best rest. Namdini too goes and sits on the sofa in her room. Eating silently

N : this is so good .

M : I am good at everything

N : cocky much

Nandini eats and Manik is looking at her all the time. Being a bit conscious of his gaze, nandini decides to start up a conversation

N : manik, I was thinking what made you feel that their was something going on between me and aryaman.

M : I heard you like I said.

N : that can't be the only reason. I know you as well as you know me. So.....

M : he is always with you, and you both seem to be getting along.

N : friends get along

M : yes but friends are not staring at each other

N : when?

M : fresher's party, he was continuously looking in your direction

N : exactly jealous malhotra, he was looking in my direction not at me, he was looking at Ruhi who was standing beside me.

Manik made a cute expression of realization which made nandini smile.

N : ask me next time

M : well not asking didn't exactly go bad, u know you made it quite clear yesterday

Manik smirks, enjoying to see nandini blush. The ball was in his court now.

N : uhh... What about your album?

M : deviating as always

N : manik

Nandini gets up and goes to sit beside him. Her head on his shoulder. She entwines their fingers and smiles up at him. All the time his eyes on her.

M : the organisers liked our song, we will make it official very soon.

N : congratulations, this will be a major boost to all of your carriers.

M : yes and everyone's excited.

N : what about you?

M : I am happy for them, they really wanted this. Fab 5 all over the Music Industry.

N : you don't want this.

That wasn't exactly a question rather a statement. Manik didn't have that shine in his eyes which he used to have whenever he speaks of music. Since childhood nandini has seen Manik's love for music and now his behavior was making her worried. She didn't like the fact that Manik was unhappy.

M : it's not exactly that. The thing is for me music, music has always been a hobby, and then it became my passion but making it a profession was not something I thought about. Music has always made me happy, calmed me down, it is a way I express myself when words fall short. Music is what brought Fab 5 together, we became friends in the first place because of that.

N : and now you are worried that going professional might delude the purity of your music.

Manik sighs but agrees with nandini. He looks at her face asking her silently to help him out of his dilemma. And manik and nandini didn't ever actually require to say anything out loud. She knew his thoughts well.

N : manik, before the music you created was heard only by friends and now everyone will listen to it. But you know what, in both cases it is still your music, the song which comes from the heart reaches the listener's heart. You don't have to change anything. Just the ears who are listening are getting changed. It will still be the same music that gives you peace, just instead of being your escape from reality it will become your reality.

M : nandini, how do you do this, everytime the only person who can calm me down is you.

N : guess what we actually listen only to each other.

Manik chuckles and softly and lifts her hand which is entwined in his to his lips.

Although he could not yet say the words but it was a silent confession. How grateful he was to have her in his life.

N : by the way since u don't want to be a singer, what do you want to do. I mean everyone has something thought of the future right.

M : family business, I like doing that. Working with dad, bhai it makes me feel at home.

N : and you can't do it along with music why?

M : I don't think the timings would be set.

N : u know what I think manik, that even the rest of Fab 5 are not sure of this, this is just a trial, I think they also have other options in mind along with music. Maybe u guys could do it part time. and even if it comes down that you have to do both then you can adjust a bit and they can adjust a bit. Taking one doesn't always necessarily mean and you have to leave another.

M : you are right. And what about you. What do you want to do?

N : no idea, I am not exactly amongst those who have everything planned.

M : in any case we have just started college, you too have time to think. To choose a path. And I am their in your every choice

N : I know

They sit for almost another hour talking about anything and everything. From every small detail about their day to their every thought. They shared everything.

M : I should go, u need to sleep.

N : okay..

Manik gets up and makes nandini lie down. He gently kisses her forehead and then goes, leaving a grin on nandini's face.

-------

That's all for today.

Since everyone one asking for more of Manan, this chapter was all about them. I seriously hope u like this chapter.

Thanks to everyone for their concern regarding my health.

Please vote and comment. Share your views regarding the chapter and what you like best about Manik and nandini in this story so far.

Also I have uploaded the prologue of this story, so if u are liking my story do vote there.

If the response to this chapter is good, the next update will be soon enough.

Precap : same as before
[an unexpected friendship]