chapter 55

It was a new morning, and a certainly important one too. For murthy's it was the wedding of the son but for nandini this day meant something more. The words that were on her lips for a while we're going to be said out loud. and that fact itself brought a beautiful blush on her face early in the morning.

The wedding preparations were done, it air had excitement and anticipation for the wedding. Ishita was all around the house for last minute things but the smile on her face was unmistakable. Afterall she was the groom's mother.

Adi and Raman had gone to receive a few important guests that were going to be in attendance for the wedding. While shivaay was in his room. He was nervous yet happy. It was a very important step in his life.

Nandini was as always a late riser so she was after getting ready was just looking around people doing their work. She was getting a bit sentimental, shivaay ,she, manik and adi had spent their childhood together, as much as they could before the accident, but still she remembered their late night ice cream talks by the roof. How shivaay would always come to her rescue if manik and adi teamed up against her. How shivaay had always been the one to hold all of their hands and guide them when their parents were out .

She was thankful to shivaay, he had gotten responsible at a very early age, she could never imagine being that responsible perhaps because she never needed to. If not shivaay then adi were always there for her. And manik, Manik was someone she didn't think their was a time in her life he wasn't their. Always holding her hand, understanding her. Knowing what she wanted before she would say it. But this time she wanted to say it.

While she was thinking about this she had a message from manik

M : busy so can't talk. Will see you directly, oh and don't give complex to the bride.

Nandini smiles, manik had called her beautiful again.

-------
Preeti's room

Nandini enters preeti's room ,they were going to ready together as usual. Pretti could always do makeup that complemented her, making her look beautiful while nandini made hair in way no one could. Being in America they had gotten close ,besties as they liked to say.

N : okay not much time is left. Let's hurry up

P : exactly ishita aunty will get angry if we are late.

N : I can't afford to be late at my own brother's wedding. By the way anything going on with Adi.

Preeti blushes and looks away and nandini laughs micheviously.

N : Ya Ya, don't tell me. The one who plays the cupid

P : it's not like that with adi I am confused, it's good one second and the next he acts aloof. I guess that it's with all the murthy siblings.

N : oh excuse me

P : what I really think is how did Manik manage. Because amongst all you are the most difficult one.

N : whose side are u on? Me or manik

P : it's you bestie. I am always with you

Teasing each other they soon get ready for the function.

-----
Malhotra mansion

Anika was getting ready in her room. While manik was ready and was waiting in the hall. Nyonika's asks Manik to go and see if anika was ready, it was time to go to the venue

Manik enters the room to see Anika sitting in front of the mirror and her eyes tearful. She was going to a different house, fear was obvious. But Manik knew there was nothing to worry about.

M : it's your wedding. Don't spoil the makeup with tears di. The bride must look beautiful

Anika wipes her tears and looks at Manik with a smile.

An : a bride is allowed to cry on leaving her family

M : you are not leaving anything behind. Just gaining a new family. I know bhai and I know he loves you. He will take care of you. Ishita aunty, Raman uncle, Adi ,none of them will let u feel like a outsider.

An : I know. But u forgot someone. What about nandini

M : yeah, she too. I mean she never makes anyone feel bad, she is always there. U don't need to worry about anything literally.

Anika laughs.

An : why are u getting shy about taking her name. I thought u were past that stage. Or is it that she always makes u blush no matter what

M : it's your wedding, don't tease me

An : it's my wedding means I have accepted my feelings. When are you going to

M : di please. Looks like u are ready then. Let's go mom said it was time

Anika nods and walks and Manik's blush is still present. Aniak was right, no Matter what, nandini made him blush, her one smile increased his heart beat and one glance was enough to make his breath hitch.

-------

Murthy mansion
Hall

Nandini and preeti come down to see rest of the family members ready and chatting happily. Ishita calls nandini and makes her meet a few relatives who have just arrived today.

Amongst these are also rishab and his family who are delighted to see her afterall she had spent quite a time with them. Nandi NJ I hugged rishab and he excitedly told her about what was going on in his life. Nandini being a child at heart too was bouncing on her toes.

Soon shivaay came down ready and everyone smiled happily. It was time . Nandini went towards shivaay and hugged him tightly, almost a few tears escaping her

N : I am so happy for you bhai

Adi too comes and then hugs both of them. Among all the chaos of the wedding this was the murthy siblings snatching a moment for themselves, for they had been each other's support through out. And one of them taking a big step in his life was a real big deal for all of them.

S : princess, u are not supposed to cry. Just smile. and I not going anywhere.

Shivaay kissed nandini's forehead. While Adi wiped the tears.

Ishita then called them for the baraat. Shivaay was made to sit on horse, while the family and friends danced.

Nandini cheers and dances, preeti and adi following. The happiness of the evening had just begun.

-----
That's all for today

Do vote and comment

Precap : wedding function